Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2021, 02:22 PM   #1
GMH

Black tank flush at dump station?

So I left a provincial park campsite today and they had a garden hose there with a spray gun nozzle attached. It worked well for flushing out the slinky afterwards, but….I would have liked to hook it up to the female garden hose flusher fitting on the side of my trailer. I’m thinking I should make a fitting that will screw onto my trailer and have something that would capture any kind of hose end that may be provided. Like maybe a funnel or a short chunk of hose that I could stuff the nozzle into? Anyone have something that works? Thx!
Old 08-20-2021, 03:02 PM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Google "water bandit", I think that's what you maybe looking for.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 03:23 PM   #3
GMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Google "water bandit", I think that's what you maybe looking for.
Precisely! That is what I was thinking of cobbling together. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2021, 04:44 PM   #4
dutchmensport

At almost every dump station, the supplied hose will not reach my black tank flusher, as the wet bay is near the front of the camper and the black tank is in the rear. And with a 41 foot long trailer, well, that's just too far to reach.

So, what I did, I simply attached the blue shower hose to the black tank flusher, turn on the cold water shower blue hose and let my on-board pump pull from the fresh water tank. It works great! And there is NO dependency on a water source, anywhere.

I can also use this when I dump into my blue tote to tote the holding tanks to the dump station.

About cross contamination ... well, really .... that's a bunch of BS. Really! That's what the check valve is for, but it's never happened.

Need to spray off your windows, clean your camper front cap from bugs? Attach a garden hose to the shower blue coiled hose, attach a garden hose sprayer on the other end of the garden hose, turn on hot and cold water, and spray away, anywhere on the outside of your camper. It works wonderful .... until the fresh water tanks runs out!
Old 08-20-2021, 08:16 PM   #5
RogerThat99

I have a Water Bandit...it is a lifesaver sometimes. [emoji846]

I also use this elbow to have water along with my city water. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210808_160543.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	35349Click image for larger version

Name:	20210808_160629.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	35350
RogerThat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 04:20 AM   #6
GMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerThat99 View Post
I have a Water Bandit...it is a lifesaver sometimes. [emoji846]

I also use this elbow to have water along with my city water. Attachment 35349Attachment 35350
How do you hook up that elbow? Do you connect it at the campground water supply?
Old 08-21-2021, 08:33 AM   #7
Javi

Don't be THAT GUY at the dump station...
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 11:07 AM   #8
RogerThat99

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH View Post
How do you hook up that elbow? Do you connect it at the campground water supply?
Yes, when I use the city water (campground water). From the hose, I use a regulator, then an elbow so the weight of the hose isn't cantilevered out off the trailer (I don't know if it matters or not).

This is just an elbow with a plastic spigot on it, so you can fill a pot or bucket with water. You can also wash your hands.
RogerThat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 11:51 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Javi hit on a "special irritation" or a "pet peeve" for many people....

The "special guy" who thinks he owns the dump station......

Don't be "that guy", you know, the one that "fiddles around when dumping his tanks", takes FOREVER trying to use a tank flush system, repeatedly filling and cleaning his DAMN tanks while the line to "dump and go" grows longer and LONGER behind him.... Everyone else dumps and is on the road in 4 or 5 minutes, but "that guy" takes 30 or 40 minutes, and has the nerve to stay parked at the dump station while he "re-rolls his hose and then pulls out the shore power cord to re-roll it so it fits better......

DON'T BE THAT GUY !!!!! If you really feel the need to flush your black tank and there's a line behind you, then rent a site with full hookups.

That is, unless you own the campground and then, well, don't expect most of us to do business with you in the future.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 03:35 PM   #10
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Javi hit on a "special irritation" or a "pet peeve" for many people....

The "special guy" who thinks he owns the dump station......

Don't be "that guy", you know, the one that "fiddles around when dumping his tanks", takes FOREVER trying to use a tank flush system, repeatedly filling and cleaning his DAMN tanks while the line to "dump and go" grows longer and LONGER behind him.... Everyone else dumps and is on the road in 4 or 5 minutes, but "that guy" takes 30 or 40 minutes, and has the nerve to stay parked at the dump station while he "re-rolls his hose and then pulls out the shore power cord to re-roll it so it fits better......

DON'T BE THAT GUY !!!!! If you really feel the need to flush your black tank and there's a line behind you, then rent a site with full hookups.

That is, unless you own the campground and then, well, don't expect most of us to do business with you in the future.....

So How Long is Too Long?? 10 min.. 15
Not sure when you become "That Guy"
Really, in all seriousness, what is considered a "reasonable" time to finish your business and move out of the way.
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 03:51 PM   #11
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
Really, in all seriousness, what is considered a "reasonable" time to finish your business and move out of the way.
Pull up, connect hose, dump black dump grey's, disconnect hose, a quick hose rinse, put hose away, may be 10 minutes tops, move well out of the way if better organization is needed before leaving the campground. If you need to flush the black tank thoroughly do so in a full hook up site, then you can take all day if needed.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 04:02 PM   #12
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
Honestly, who knows... but I've been behind folks who pull up, get out, check out the hole, get out the hose, get out the maceration pump, hook it up, get out their garden hose, undo the washout hose, screw their garden hose to the faucet, then hook the hose to the maceration pump and then run the power cord to the battery.
Finally they are ready to dump.

Reverse all that to put it all away and then they got to open up the trailer and go inside to wash up, before finally getting back in the truck... and just as you think that you can pull up... they remember the trash bag and so they got to open the trailer back up and get the trash, then back into the trailer to re-wash their hands...

Pull up, hook up the hose, stick the end in the hole, open the black tank, when it slows to a trickle, shut the valve and open the grey tank, when it slows to a trickle shut it off and open the gallery tank.. when it slows to a trickle shut it down pull the hose and walk it empty. Break it down and stow it, put the cap back on the outlet, wash your hands and get in the truck and go..

A public dump station ain't the place to dilly dally around, the next guy's time is just as important to him as yours is to you.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 05:22 PM   #13
NH_Bulldog

If we have to use the dump station at a campground without full hookups, I don’t use the flush if there is anyone behind me, just dump and go. If there is no one else, I may use the flush until someone shows up, but I only ever use the hose at the dump station so I can be as quick as possible
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 06:13 PM   #14
flybouy
Site Team

I beleive "that guy" is the same guy that ties up the fuel pump while they go inside and do whatever. "That guy" is the guy who orders food at the drive thru then changes the order at the pick up window. I've seen "that guy" parked in the fire lane right in front of the door of the gtocery store while is wife shops for an hour. "Thay guy" cuts you off then slams on the bakes to make an off ramp and "That guy" will pull out in front of you while you're towing and doesn’t accelerate while there's no one behing you for a mile.

How long? Common sense, respect and consideration for others shouldn't require a stopwatch. How long do you want to wait when setting behing someone?
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 07:26 AM   #15
Rebshots1953

That guy

Oh no. My favorite “that guy” is the one that parks in front of the dump at the truck stop/ gas station, with no trailer, and goes in to the attached Arby’s/McDonalds/Pizza Hut for dinner. I am always tempted to just dump in the bed of his truck 🤷*♀️
Rebshots1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 09:09 AM   #16
SpotALoony

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH View Post
So I left a provincial park campsite today and they had a garden hose there with a spray gun nozzle attached. It worked well for flushing out the slinky afterwards, but….I would have liked to hook it up to the female garden hose flusher fitting on the side of my trailer. I’m thinking I should make a fitting that will screw onto my trailer and have something that would capture any kind of hose end that may be provided. Like maybe a funnel or a short chunk of hose that I could stuff the nozzle into? Anyone have something that works? Thx!
I recently encountered the same situation at a campground near Eagle River in Wisconsin. The spray nozzle wasn't attached to their hose too tightly so I simply unscrewed it and layed it on the ground while I dumped and flushed. When I was finished I put the spray nozzle back on and hand tightened it.
SpotALoony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 06:10 AM   #17
KarenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Pull up, connect hose, dump black dump grey's, disconnect hose, a quick hose rinse, put hose away, may be 10 minutes tops, move well out of the way if better organization is needed before leaving the campground. If you need to flush the black tank thoroughly do so in a full hook up site, then you can take all day if needed.
This ^^^ I have to pull up to dump a separate gray water galley tank and take just over 5 minutes to dump. Last trip of the season is a full hook up where I can take my time loading up the black tank. Still seeing those guys who fill a bucket 5 times (20-30 mins) and have to pour it directly into the toilet. Next house I'll add a dump so people can camp when they visit.
Past
2006 Springdale 280 FWIKL-GL
1997 Jayco 253
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank