Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2021, 06:14 PM   #1
Kuimonster

Question dim led lights in new camper?

We just took out our 2021 cougar 364bhl over the weekend and wow those led lights are brighter than the sun. I like me some bright lights (IBEW 357), but we didn't even turn on the main ceiling lights or the lights over the table and sofa because they're so bright.
Does anyone know if these are dimmable? If so ill find a dimmer for them.
If not i will be adding some kind of material to the housing to dim them down to acceptable levels.
Old 03-22-2021, 06:20 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

You might add dimmers but the leds have to be of the dimmable variety. For us, having spent decades in yellow, dim, grope around RV light, we were more than joyous when they came out with leds. If we want "campfire" light we will sit by the campfire but I won't slice and dice with my very sharp knives in the dark.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:38 PM   #3
Kuimonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
You might add dimmers but the leds have to be of the dimmable variety. For us, having spent decades in yellow, dim, grope around RV light, we were more than joyous when they came out with leds. If we want "campfire" light we will sit by the campfire but I won't slice and dice with my very sharp knives in the dark.
Oh i love the lights, especially compared to my In-laws dim yellow lights. By no means do we want "campfire" lighting in our rig. The biggest issue is mainly the bathroom and dinning room lights. They are just too bright. (3) in the bathroom and the dinning room ones are inches from your head. The bathroom ones blind you for a few minutes in the middle of the night.

I saw a different cougar model with dimmers and was wondering if all the new cougars were at least dimmable. 75% would be perfect, especially in the bathroom.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:51 PM   #4
bobbecky

If the LED bulbs are removable, maybe you can find replacements that have a warmer color. Try M4, because they show different brightness descriptions on their site. https://m4products.com/
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:54 PM   #5
pikespeakviewer

We took out one of the bulbs over the dinette as they were too bright. Much better now.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:54 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuimonster View Post
Oh i love the lights, especially compared to my In-laws dim yellow lights. By no means do we want "campfire" lighting in our rig. The biggest issue is mainly the bathroom and dinning room lights. They are just too bright. (3) in the bathroom and the dinning room ones are inches from your head. The bathroom ones blind you for a few minutes in the middle of the night.

I saw a different cougar model with dimmers and was wondering if all the new cougars were at least dimmable. 75% would be perfect, especially in the bathroom.

Have you thought about contacting the SM at your dealership? I bounce stuff off mine quite often. Maybe he could help you out? I wouldn't think they are placing different LEDs in the same product line just maybe not the dimmer itself.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:11 AM   #7
Kuimonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Have you thought about contacting the SM at your dealership? I bounce stuff off mine quite often. Maybe he could help you out? I wouldn't think they are placing different LEDs in the same product line just maybe not the dimmer itself.
My sm is a joke. Worst salesman ever. He didn’t even tell them I was coming to pick up my trailer.... luckily it was still out front so I could grab it.
Old 03-23-2021, 03:52 PM   #8
NH_Bulldog

Our led’s over the dinette are on a dimmer and they look the same as the rest of the lights inside. There might be a product code or something I can look up but it is still in storage.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:55 PM   #9
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuimonster View Post
My sm is a joke. Worst salesman ever. He didn’t even tell them I was coming to pick up my trailer.... luckily it was still out front so I could grab it.
SM = Service Manager! Not sales man.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:15 PM   #10
Kuimonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
SM = Service Manager! Not sales man.
Oh ok. Gotcha. Thank you.

Tags
led, light, lights