Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2021, 02:00 PM   #1
pineappleexpress

True specs. for 2012

We purchased our first FW late last year and one of the first things I did in researching was look for the unit specs. I wanted to know exactly what all I was getting into. I searched online where there was great inconsistency in what was offered let alone the exact measurements and options.

When we first purchased it, there was a good amount of snow and ice on the roof even after the previous owner brushed it off as well as some nasty dirt on the sides so I felt it needed a good wash. All of the specs I could find for height were saying 12' but standing to the side I could tell the A/C unit was higher. So I found a semi wash with 14' doors and heated bays. And while on the roof I didn't have much room to bend over up there.

This is where I tried to go directly to a dealer with the VIN. Nothing there came to fruition so we had to reach out to Keystone support. After about a weeks wait for response they were kind enough to send me a list of all of the packages and extras that were installed as well as the brochure for the 2012 year models.

True to my belief the unit is 12'10", NOT 12'... almost a full foot taller than anything I found online and an additional 4" longer. I hope the spec sheet (to large to attach) for keystone helps anyone else with 2012 unit. So if you are looking for true data on your rig look online for your year make model brochure or contact the support system at Keystone
2012 Cougar 330RBK polar package
pineappleexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 02:16 PM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

I used my 50' tape measure for length and my 25' tape measure with a 2"x4" across the air conditioner to get the height. Seemed easy enough to me.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 03:42 PM   #3
notanlines

Pineapple, do NOT take the factory's word on your height. As was suggested, place a 10' or so 2x4 across the highest part of your trailer when you are hooked and ready to travel. Measure both sides, add them together and divide by 2. Easy peasy...
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote