Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2021, 05:07 PM   #1
igniter3

Water pump location....?

Hello Friends,.. I have a 2002 Fleetwood Tioga 23E for few months and recently I discover an issue water leak coming from the corner floor from the toilet and bath tub I try to look for the leaks where coming from through all access panels and can not fine any leak where coming from. I am searching for the water pump location and can not find where it is... the water pump sound from between the bath room and sofa seat but there is no access to it, my fresh water tank is located under the sofa seat.
Can any one of you tell me how can I access to the water pump? or where the water pump location in that 2002 Tioga model? Greatly appreciated your help.
Thanks,

Charly
igniter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 06:26 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

The water pump may be in an outside compartment, common place is the “wet bay” where you hook up the water hose. It may be behind the panel with all the valves.

If it’s inside the coach, and sounds like it’s under the sofa, then check to see if the seat doesn’t lift and pull out to make a bed.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 07:35 PM   #3
igniter3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Welcome to the forum

The water pump may be in an outside compartment, common place is the “wet bay” where you hook up the water hose. It may be behind the panel with all the valves.

If it’s inside the coach, and sounds like it’s under the sofa, then check to see if the seat doesn’t lift and pull out to make a bed.
Thank you for your warm welcome me to the forum.
Out side the RV where to fill fresh water and city water has no compartments and have no water vales or filter. Fresh water tank is locate under the sofa but, there is no pump any where near by. I have been searched all access panels and found no water pump any where. water pump sound coming from some where in the bath room and shower area but all access panels there will not get to or find where the water pump located.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:41 PM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Not familiar with your layout but if you are certain the pump sound is in the bathroom then check the cabinet for the sink. It may have a front panel that's held in with a could of Robertson sq. head screws or it may have a false bottom accessible by removing the bottom shelf.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:53 AM   #5
cavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by igniter3 View Post
Thank you for your warm welcome me to the forum.
Out side the RV where to fill fresh water and city water has no compartments and have no water vales or filter. Fresh water tank is locate under the sofa but, there is no pump any where near by. I have been searched all access panels and found no water pump any where. water pump sound coming from some where in the bath room and shower area but all access panels there will not get to or find where the water pump located.
It is hidden behind a panel held in place by #2 square head screws.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:29 AM   #6
igniter3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Not familiar with your layout but if you are certain the pump sound is in the bathroom then check the cabinet for the sink. It may have a front panel that's held in with a could of Robertson sq. head screws or it may have a false bottom accessible by removing the bottom shelf.
Sound of the pump is coming from underneath the bathroom sink, there is no access panel to it.
Will look underneath the motor home to see if any access panel from there.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:31 AM   #7
igniter3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
It is hidden behind a panel held in place by #2 square head screws.
Where is that panel locate?
Thanks
Old 01-04-2021, 07:26 PM   #8
chuckster57
Site Team

It may be time to bite the bullet and take it to a shop.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:54 AM   #9
cavie

Quote:
Where is that panel locate?
Thanks
Don't know. YOU need to find it. It is not rocket science. If you can hear it you can find it. It will not be obvious. A piece of paneling with screws in it. No obvious door.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:13 AM   #10
flybouy
Site Team

igniter3, you are asking where the water pump is located in a 19 year old class C motorhome. I doubt you will find many (any?) owners or former owners of that make, model and year motorhome. With that said, there are a lot of commonalities between trailers and motorhomes in that they typically use the same or similar appliances. Where a specific piece of equipment is located is anyone's guess.

You may have better luck at someone telling you the exact location on a forum targeted for motorhome owners. I'd also suggest looking online at sales ads etc. and see if you can find out more information. Asking what specific panel is unrealistic in this forum as chances are folks don't know. You have been given good advice on how to find or at least peruse the location. If you are unable or unwilling to investigate then it's most likely time to pay someone to do that for you. Remove a panel where you suspect it is, look for water lines leading to the pump. If it's not there then replace the panel and go to the next one in the area.

Good luck.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:19 AM   #11
igniter3

Thank you for everyone of your replied to my posted and greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 01-05-2021, 11:21 AM   #12
chuckster57
Site Team

If you want to drive it up to Modesto, I could probably locate it for you.

Old 01-05-2021, 12:53 PM   #13
igniter3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
If you want to drive it up to Modesto, I could probably locate it for you.
Tomorrow, Which is Wednesday I am not going to work so I will remove or cut a panel off under the bathroom sink where the pump sound coming from I believe the water Pump in there but has no access to it.
I will let you know if I have trouble Find it.
I am greatly appreciated your help... 👍👍
You are not that far from me, we have to gathering some time when it’s available.
Thanks,

Charly
Old 01-06-2021, 02:03 PM   #14
skids

Personally I would not start cutting just because you hear a noise. Pulsating water lines make noise where the lines make corners. I havent owned a 5th wheel, but every trailer I have owned located the pump near the city water inlet.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:57 PM   #15
cavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
Personally I would not start cutting just because you hear a noise. Pulsating water lines make noise where the lines make corners. I havent owned a 5th wheel, but every trailer I have owned located the pump near the city water inlet.
Leave the saw alone. Just look for 4 #2 square head screws and remove them.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:05 AM   #16
igniter3

Found the water pump located underneath the bathroom sink, in order to be-able to do service on the pump have to remove the sink water supply cold and hot water line and remove the sink drainage piping to remove the sink cabinet floor to get to the pump and water lines... there is no way You can tell that floor panel can be remove to access to the pump until I get ready to cut it off...
Thanks for everyone of your input and greatly appreciated.
Charly
Old 01-07-2021, 05:45 AM   #17
chuckster57
Site Team

Good to hear you found it. Hope you get the problem fixed.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:24 AM   #18
igniter3

Got the leak fixed, leaks from the little filter and the out put hose from the pump, they are lose just enough for water dripping�� , I go through all Water line connections to make sure they are secure and tight.
Old 01-11-2021, 07:16 AM   #19
nitrohorse

Quote:
Found the water pump located underneath the bathroom sink, in order to be-able to do service on the pump have to remove the sink water supply cold and hot water line and remove the sink drainage piping to remove the sink cabinet floor to get to the pump and water lines... there is no way You can tell that floor panel can be remove to access to the pump until I get ready to cut it off...
Thanks for everyone of your input and greatly appreciated.
Charly
I'm not doubting you, but all the assorted pop-ups and travel trailers I have owned through the years all had some sort of access door to the pump. That was piss poor engineering on the builders part not to incorporate access.
Thankfully you found the cause and fixed it.
2013 Jayco 26RLS
1996 Sunline 21' TT
1977 StarCraft Galaxy 8 pop-up
nitrohorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:35 AM   #20
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrohorse View Post
I'm not doubting you, but all the assorted pop-ups and travel trailers I have owned through the years all had some sort of access door to the pump. That was piss poor engineering on the builders part not to incorporate access.
Thankfully you found the cause and fixed it.
Who knows, maybe they did design access to the pump, but the guy installing the pump puts it wherever it's easier for him? Or the guy installing the cabinetry decided 4 screws are much faster than 2 hinges?
This is why there's no schematics for any of the systems, it's up to the guys on the factory assembly line as where they want to put stuff regardless of design.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump