Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2020, 10:11 AM   #1
Ginnylarry1

King Bed Suite is a $593 ripoff!

We bought our 2019 Fuzion 373 at the Ft Myers RV Show February 2019. It was not on display at the show or at their dealership, but the Factory Rep that was helping out at the Show located one and had it re-routed to Ft. Myers Camping World. He told us this had everything that we wanted except that it had a King Bed Suite for an additional $593. He also gave us a printout listing the equipment and retail prices. I liked the idea of a king bed so we made a deal and waited about 10 days for it to arrive. We are a 2 hr drive from Camping World, so we waited until it was ready for pickup before going to see it. The first thing I noticed was the KING SUITE CONSISTED OF A KING (CRAPPY) MATTRESS SITTING ON TOP OF A QUEEN FRAME! Yes, the mattress hung over on both sides if you tried to have any walk-around room, or was up against the wall on one side if you pushed it to one side. Either way, you can’t lay on the mattress over AIR! I complained about it to the dealership and it was “do you want it or not?” Or something along those lines. We were excited about it otherwise and took the RV. A month later we took off for our summer property and I called the factory to complain about this, and 17 other problems we found on our trip up. So far nobody wants to do anything about it, and I know we’re not the only people to get ripped off for nearly $600! We gave the mattress away to a kid that mows lawns and ordered a new queen memory foam matttress. Any suggestions what to do? Camping World and even Marcus Lemonis, the owner of Camping World Corp. could care less. Thanks.
Ginnylarry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:44 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginnylarry1 View Post
We bought our 2019 Fuzion 373 at the Ft Myers RV Show February 2019. It was not on display at the show or at their dealership, but the Factory Rep that was helping out at the Show located one and had it re-routed to Ft. Myers Camping World. He told us this had everything that we wanted except that it had a King Bed Suite for an additional $593. He also gave us a printout listing the equipment and retail prices. I liked the idea of a king bed so we made a deal and waited about 10 days for it to arrive. We are a 2 hr drive from Camping World, so we waited until it was ready for pickup before going to see it. The first thing I noticed was the KING SUITE CONSISTED OF A KING (CRAPPY) MATTRESS SITTING ON TOP OF A QUEEN FRAME! Yes, the mattress hung over on both sides if you tried to have any walk-around room, or was up against the wall on one side if you pushed it to one side. Either way, you can’t lay on the mattress over AIR! I complained about it to the dealership and it was “do you want it or not?” Or something along those lines. We were excited about it otherwise and took the RV. A month later we took off for our summer property and I called the factory to complain about this, and 17 other problems we found on our trip up. So far nobody wants to do anything about it, and I know we’re not the only people to get ripped off for nearly $600! We gave the mattress away to a kid that mows lawns and ordered a new queen memory foam matttress. Any suggestions what to do? Camping World and even Marcus Lemonis, the owner of Camping World Corp. could care less. Thanks.
Maybe the only "real solution" would be to 'sleep on your new mattress and consider it a learning experience" Never trust an RV salesman, if their lips are moving, they're trying to "line their pockets, not yours"....

Sorry for your 17 other problems, but the factory is closed, most dealerships are either closed or on reduced work schedules and most people are more involved with trying to stay "un-infected" so solving RV related problems is "way down the list of important things" for most businesses, even the RV related ones.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:30 AM   #3
NH_Bulldog

We bought ours sight unseen 700+ miles away. Before we drove out, we did our homework and we walked through many local examples of the model line so we knew what to expect. We allowed plenty of time for an in-depth PDI and we didn’t leave until everything was addressed to our satisfaction. There were a few pending items that had to wait, but the dealer we bought from found, called and arranged service at a dealer near us for when we got home. I realize you paid a lot of money for your Fuzion, but if your dealer isn’t going to bat for you, find one that will.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:46 PM   #4
ADQ K9

Guess we really got lucky when we got ours from CW in Burlington, WA.
The unit we were looking at was already sold but one just like it was being built. This was late March. I said its a deal then. I told them that they would pick up the shipping back to WA if there were any problems upon receipt in Anchorage AK. When we picked it up on the dock I did as much of a PDI as I could, went through it with a fine toothed comb.
I agree with NH Bulldog
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:29 PM   #5
Ginnylarry1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Maybe the only "real solution" would be to 'sleep on your new mattress and consider it a learning experience" Never trust an RV salesman, if their lips are moving, they're trying to "line their pockets, not yours"....

Sorry for your 17 other problems, but the factory is closed, most dealerships are either closed or on reduced work schedules and most people are more involved with trying to stay "un-infected" so solving RV related problems is "way down the list of important things" for most businesses, even the RV related ones.
Thanks. The 17 other problems have mostly been fixed by my husband. We are actually retired automobile and RV dealers, but we ran a Christian dealership in a small town where we valued our customers.Everybody has to make a profit or they won’t stay in business, but caring for your customers AFTER the sale or service visit is what I was hoping Camping World would care about. I called Keystone after we took our first trip and had all the problems, hoping they would say to bring it to the factory and they would work on it (since I mentioned we were retired dealers) but nope, they said to take it to a dealer. Since wee live in our RV for the summer that was a real hassle! I was hoping somebody would suggest we get together Nd have a class action lawsuit for the king bed ripoff. $593 is a hefty chunk for something that is not usable.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:23 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

I think I'm a little confused;

You were at the "Ft. Myers RV Show". Was that at CW? A factory "rep" ordered the unit for you and you made a deal....with him or CW? Did you make it with him and it was delivered to CW as the local dealer? To me when you start mixing up responsibilities ie; factory sales, dealership sales, factory delivery, dealership delivery etc. the lines begin to blur significantly and the ability to "put your thumb" on someone and really diminishes not only your ability to hold someone accountable but also their feeling of responsibility.

As far as the "king bed suite", it's unfortunate you have had that experience but it is not infrequent. When dealing with RVs, and the incredible frequency that they change the building process for a particular unit you have to know 1) what you want...specifically and 2) what the entails - larger platform, larger base, etc. etc. If not, you get what came off the line that day however THEY wanted it to be.

Just bought a new trailer that had a king bed in it sight unseen. I knew that there can be deviations so I had them measure the existing "upgraded" mattress, the plywood platform and the underlying support "box". The plywood platform was 10" wider than the one we had in our trailer at the time (queen) so had them cut the platform down 5" on each side to fit the new residential queen mattress I had delivered to them - worked perfectly.

As far as class action or anything like that - what you have experienced is BAU in the RV world and just underlines why you either need to inspect the unit you want personally or know what you want in it from an inspection of another and assure that it is done - if I didn't have at least 150 phone calls and emails getting everything I wanted on the prospective trailer....again, sight unseen, I would be in disbelief. And, BTW, it was spot on after having them do tons of mods (with the exception of low tire pressure ).

I would be curious to know what the measurement of that platform is for it to have a "king" (realize it isn't a residential king size) mattress and hang in the air everywhere. The "walk around" room is exactly why we don't want a king bed in a normal sized RV and the reason we had it cut down to queen - DW totally insists on "walk around" room.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:40 PM   #7
Ginnylarry1

We made the deal with the salesman and his manager and the factory rep got involved when CW didn’t have the Fuzion 373 in stock. The factory rep found one and rerouted it to Ft. Myers. We went over the list of equipment prior to agreeing to buy it. My husband had been recovering from a 12 hr surgery 5 weeks earlier where he died and they brought him back...we needed something to look forward to so we accepted the unit. The base of the bed is the standard size for a queen mattress that is in there now. They gave me a song and dance about the king suite, and the only difference I can see on the base of the bed is when you put the slide-out in the bed slides over a little bit. Thanks for your response.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:51 PM   #8
Roscommon48

A long story to say that you got a lousy mattress. We learned a long time ago just get rid of the 'rv' mattress and buy a 'real' one at a mattress store.

as for your other issues you needed to get with the dealer during your warranty time...hope they were corrected.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:37 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
We made the deal with the salesman and his manager and the factory rep got involved when CW didn’t have the Fuzion 373 in stock. The factory rep found one and rerouted it to Ft. Myers. We went over the list of equipment prior to agreeing to buy it. My husband had been recovering from a 12 hr surgery 5 weeks earlier where he died and they brought him back...we needed something to look forward to so we accepted the unit. The base of the bed is the standard size for a queen mattress that is in there now. They gave me a song and dance about the king suite, and the only difference I can see on the base of the bed is when you put the slide-out in the bed slides over a little bit. Thanks for your response.

I hope that your husband is doing well and has a quick recovery. We like residential (not RV) king beds in our houses but that is really an issue in an RV due to space and availability - we don't want an "RV" king - so we have moved to using residential queen mattresses (60x80) and like them well enough. Yes, the $523 for a "king suite" is misleading and unfortunate. Realize that most every new RV has some issues; some insist on taking them all back to the dealer (at a great cost in time) or just repair it themselves. It is generally much quicker and simpler to do it yourself if possible. Big buck items need to go back. I'm hoping going forward that things run smoothly and there are no more hiccups. Good luck.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:36 AM   #10
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

I just had this conversation with my DW yesterday while watching her close up a suitcase.
ME: You can't get 10 pounds of potatoes into a 5 pound sack.
DW: Hold my beer.
ME: Well, darn. I guess YOU can.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:06 AM   #11
Ginnylarry1

We have had lots of RV’s and never kept the original mattress, and NO, the dealer could care less, and neither could the factory. I mainly wanted to warn others about buying the KING SUITE for an extra $593. I am retired and have the time to make my unhappiness with a product known...and it USUALLY results in somebody doing something..except this time. I even tried contacting WINK TV’s consumer hotline complaining about CW over this and they never responded to my email. I imagine that CW of Ft. Myers is probably one of their big advertisers.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:33 AM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

I understand your frustration, but this forum has NO influence on Keystone RV manufacturing and is not affiliated with the Keystone RV company. We've read your concerns and your experience. There's little anyone here can do to fix your problems.

That said, please read the community rules for this forum. You can reach them by clicking on the "Community Rules" tab at the bottom of any Keystone RV Forum webpage, particularly the "Customer Disputes" section.

I hope that your RV turns out to be all that you expected and more. Enjoy your travels with it.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:24 AM   #13
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
We have had lots of RV’s and never kept the original mattress, and NO, the dealer could care less, and neither could the factory. I mainly wanted to warn others about buying the KING SUITE for an extra $593. I am retired and have the time to make my unhappiness with a product known...and it USUALLY results in somebody doing something..except this time. I even tried contacting WINK TV’s consumer hotline complaining about CW over this and they never responded to my email. I imagine that CW of Ft. Myers is probably one of their big advertisers.
I'm not trying to be cruel but do you honestly think that this is newsworthy or warrants a television station to devote an "investigative team"? Given the current events? I don't think a story about someone feeling "wrongdoing" over spending $600 for an OPTION on a $1000,000 trailer (you're number) would be newsworthy on a slow day.

I understand you are upset and feel cheated but thinking that a "class action lawsuit" or a "news investigation" over a what .06% expenditure that was an option is just not realistic.

I do hope you find peace and enjoyment with you're camper and that you're husband does well in his recovery.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:04 PM   #14
Big 417

Quote:

Before I read all the other replys, make sure your bed frame is sliding as it should. The King beds slides apart as the wardrobe goes out. Assuming your bed is North south orientation. The plywood that supports the mattress sometimes gets hung up. Give it a shake and a wiggle. Might be the problem.
Big 417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 05:14 AM   #15
Ginnylarry1

Thank you. Yes, it slides back and forth when we put the slides in. At first I thought it was an optical illusion, but the bed frame definitely moves. How do I delete a thread, I’m getting some rude answers and it was only my intention to help others by them avoiding buying something that wasn’t what it was represented to be>
Old 04-04-2020, 05:23 AM   #16
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Thank you. Yes, it slides back and forth when we put the slides in. At first I thought it was an optical illusion, but the bed frame definitely moves. How do I delete a thread, I’m getting some rude answers and it was only my intention to help others by them avoiding buying something that wasn’t what it was represented to be>
We don't delete posts as they may be helpful to someone.

The rude ones just read over and skip. It's the internet and a forum of opinions. The moderators do read each post and if someone gets out of hand we address it.

This one is pretty normal as far as posts go. You'll always get some positive, some negative, and lots in the middle.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 05:40 AM   #17
Ginnylarry1

Thank you. I appreciate your response!
Old 04-04-2020, 06:13 AM   #18
notanlines

Ginny, we feel your pain with the worthless mattress in a perfectly good RV. When out new mattress arrived the two deliverymen laughed and asked if they could put the existing in the dumpster for us...
You might keep in mind that the comments I read above were just average, kind of how business is done on polite forums. Answers usually come such that the OP won't be confused. Blunt works, although the answers sometime seem a little 'snarky.' Stick with us and join the fun.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:23 AM   #19
Ginnylarry1

Thanks. This is my first time on this Forum...started the thread at first about the back tailgate door not locking, then thought I’d ask about the king bed suite. I have always been a consumer advocate for our customers (33 years in the automobile and RV business as a dealer). We had friends that were showing us their new 5th wheel last year and they had a great bedroom suite with a great mattress, I guess I thought if we sprung for the king, we would get a good one too. No thrift shops would even take our brand new king mattress...lol, but our yard guy was happy to have it, so some good came of it. Thanks again.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:09 AM   #20
Brentw

Ah yes the rv mattress world. Not sure, but I do not believe there is a quality one out there. I do wish they would just adapt to regular sizing. Chucked our new rv king for a decent residential king, much better. This year got tired of the slight overhang from rv king to residential king, trying a residential queen this time ( had a spare from empty nesting).
PS, don't bring your feelings here, you get straight talk and opinions here, take em or leave em. Don't let them spoil your day.
Be well.
2008 Goldwing
Brentw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed