Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2019, 02:55 PM   #1
dhn

Ford tailgate recall

DETROIT (AP) 12/6/19 — Ford Motor Co. is recalling nearly 262,000 heavy-duty pickup trucks in the U.S. and Canada because the tailgates can open unexpectedly. The recall covers F-250, F-350 and F-450 trucks from the 2017 through 2019 model years. All the trucks have electric tailgate latch release switches in the tailgate handle. Ford says water can get into the electrical wiring and cause a short circuit, activating the switches and releasing the latches. That could allow loose cargo to fall onto the road. The company says it has no reports of crashes or injuries. Trucks with mechanical tailgate latches are not affected. Dealers will fix the tailgate frame wiring harnesses and install a new tailgate handle release switch. Owners will be notified by mail during the week of Jan. 20.

2019 GMC 3500 SRW CC 6.6
2013 Cougar X-Lite 29RBS
dhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #2
rhagfo

Never saw this with the old chain and hook system!
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:07 PM   #3
bearcat77

Got the notice today. I can’t wait to call customer service and the dealer and remind them that I called them in July to report this very issue and they completely blew me off. Not only will they fix the tailgate, they can reimburse me for the tailgate trim pieces I had to spend $170 on. They are lucky I’ve already traded in the fifth wheel, or they could replace the $300 cargo door the tailgate punctured as well.
bearcat77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford