Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2019, 05:28 PM   #21
racetech

And another awning question, this camper has an electric awning, is there anything I need to do to secure or support awning when extended that I may not know about??
racetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:48 AM   #22
Cougar1957

I've tried all these methods, and none have worked for me. Keep in mind that I was dealing with very stubborn stains from a black walnut tree. The one thing that finally worked for me was the green bottle of Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner+Bleach. I highly recommend this. Just wet the surface, spray on, and lightly scrub with a soft to medium bristle brush, then hose off. Make sure to wear clothing that you don't care about, and also wear eye protection. Good luck!
Reese 16K & Tekonsha PrimusIQ digital controller
The K9 crew: Ginger the terrier, Yorkies - Heidi & Dora, & Buddy the Chihuahua
Cougar1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:13 AM   #23
macattack

Best we've found, I think it was at Home Depot. Clorox Professional Mold and Mildew Remover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1539.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	21391  

Bob and Donna
Gettysburg, PA
2012 Montana 3625RE
2010 Ford F350 dually
One Cocker Spaniel, one Tennessee Walker
macattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:02 AM   #24
Bnrc73

I used that same recipe. Worked great. I applied it with a $6 Walmart weed sprayer. The kind you pump up. Worked really well.
Bnrc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:11 PM   #25
racetech

If it ever quits raining im gonna give the recipe a shot.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:44 AM   #26
bpd528

Aerospace 303 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I'd try 1/4 cup blue Dawn (dish soap) and 1/4 cup of Clorox bleach mixed in 1 gallon of hot water. Spread liberally over the TOP of the awning, roll it up, let it sit for 2 hours, unroll and brush as needed. Rinse well and apply Aerospace 303 to the top and bottom surface.
Question re: Aerospace 303, which version do you all use, looking at Amazon there are several "models" of it. Thanks for the info

Alan
bpd528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:02 AM   #27
racetech

I use this one. Works great.
https://www.amazon.com/303-30313-CSR...omotive&sr=1-3
Old 04-17-2019, 04:01 PM   #28
DJ&JA

Hi All,

We just got back from our first outing this year to First Landing State Park just above Virginia Beach. It's a really nice State Park with private dune side sites. Our new pup is a natural beach bum and got wetter than we did.

For the most part, it was far too windy for the awning to be out but when it did go out, oh my, what mildew. This is not my first encounter with the dreaded stuff so I do have a preferred method of fighting it once and for all. Since the stuff is a living organism it puts out roots that penetrate the material. Most bleach and soap treatments are but temporary as they do not kill the roots and that is why it is likely to recur. My solution is Concrobium https://www.concrobium.com. It both kills the roots of the mold or mildew and lays down a barrier to prevent future spores from taking root thus making it a one time application. I have used it on many delicate surfaces without ever doing damage and will use it on my awning tomorrow without worries.

That's just my experience, your's may be different. Good luck with the clean up.
DJ&JA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:05 AM   #29
racetech

I picked up some Mold Armor from walmart, havent had time to use it on camper yet but hit a few spots of mildew with it in my outbuilding and it seems to work really well. Mildew was gone within minutes.

Tags
awning