Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2019, 03:15 PM   #1
Razorbacks1989

Speaker size

I have a 2015 keystone bullet ultra lite 308bhs, what are the exterior speakers size?
Razorbacks1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:36 AM   #2
mskeyspirate

I am getting ready to replace my speakers on my 2015 Passport. Mine are 5.25 inches.
mskeyspirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
Rber1234

Better go measure speakers to make sure what size you will need. My Bullet Premier 22 has 6.5 interior speakers and looks to have 5.25 outside speakers.
Rber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 06:48 AM   #4
Charby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rber1234 View Post
Better go measure speakers to make sure what size you will need. My Bullet Premier 22 has 6.5 interior speakers and looks to have 5.25 outside speakers.
I replaced both inside & outside. Use 6" on outside with a slight trim with jigsaw and drilled new holes. Marine speakers are one piece, use new sealant under grill. Inside speakers of 6" have new grill cover which covered hole.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:08 AM   #5
Rber1234

What model and brand speakers did you use for outside TT?
Rber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:35 AM   #6
busterbrown

Just a suggestion, have you thought about a quality portable bluetooth speaker? They will sound so much better, have the portability to move them closer to your listening area, and are not permanent fixtures to your coach. The BT speaker I use (an Ultimate Ears Mega Boom) has much greater dynamic range and lows than anything you'll be able to mount on the fiberglass sidewall. Plus, ground level positioning will be less intrusive to you neighbors and just overall, sound better.

The best part of this BT upgrade is that it stays with me the day I sell my coach. Money saved. YMMV.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:11 AM   #7
TJO

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
Just a suggestion, have you thought about a quality portable bluetooth speaker? They will sound so much better, have the portability to move them closer to your listening area, and are not permanent fixtures to your coach. The BT speaker I use (an Ultimate Ears Mega Boom) has much greater dynamic range and lows than anything you'll be able to mount on the fiberglass sidewall. Plus, ground level positioning will be less intrusive to you neighbors and just overall, sound better.

The best part of this BT upgrade is that it stays with me the day I sell my coach. Money saved. YMMV.
You make a very valid point.
TJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:59 AM   #8
Charby

Quote:

Exactly what I plan on doing this year for my outside tunes. Using the Beats Pill and with all music on iPhone or iPad, its much more user friendly with Bluetooth.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:02 AM   #9
Charby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rber1234 View Post
What model and brand speakers did you use for outside TT?
I actually bought them used for $15 from a buddy who was upgrading. Not sure of brand at the moment. Much better side by side quality.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:26 AM   #10
B-O-B'03

Quote:

+1

I have this speaker and this USB drive that I plug into the tablet, laptop or notebook I want to connect to the Riva.

Sounds way better than anything you could add to the coach and I have > 12,000 songs at my finger tip.

-Brian
Old 04-02-2019, 10:36 AM   #11

Plus one more for the ue mega boom. It’s great. Use it daily at work. On the boat. Camping. In the house. It floats. Waterproof. Loud. And sounds way better than my Rv. And my phone has better reception and more listening options. Radio apps etc. unless we’re totally in the boondocks. In which case there’s no radio reception anyhow.