Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
nfd421

Question window blinds/shades

Hello everyone im new to the forum i just purchased a used 2005 sprinter 303bhs tt and the only problem with it is its missing two window shades ive seached google no no end and cant seem to locate anywere to purchase replacment blinds. any idea on were i can purchase travel trailer blinds?
nfd421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:36 AM   #2
jq1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfd421 View Post
Hello everyone im new to the forum i just purchased a used 2005 sprinter 303bhs tt and the only problem with it is its missing two window shades ive seached google no no end and cant seem to locate anywere to purchase replacment blinds. any idea on were i can purchase travel trailer blinds?
Try a google search " RV SUPPLIES & FURNISHINGS, INDIANA"
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
msp2jxr

Couldn't you just go to Menards or Home Depot or Lowes and have them cut to the length you need?

Quote:
2012 Cougar 326MKS (retired)
Mor-Ryde Pin Box
2015 Super Duty F350 6.7 4x4 King Ranch
2008 Super Duty F250 6.4 Diesel 4x4 Lariat (retired)
2005 Goldwing
msp2jxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:49 AM   #4
KanTC

Welcome to the forum nfd421,

Are you missing 'mini blinds', or 'day night shades'?

As suggested, mini blinds can usually be purchased at Home Improvement stores (& cut to fit, if needed). You can also order blinds and/or shades... here's a few ideas:

Mini-Blind Accessories & Replacement Parts
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...ent-parts/2553

Day/Night Shades
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...t-shades/1869d

Shades and Mini Blinds
http://tweetys.com/shades-and-mini-blinds.aspx

Elkhart, IN (Surplus/warehouse stockpile... purchase in person only)
http://www.rvsurplus.net/catalog/dis...roduct_id=2807

If you can't visit the warehouse, you can special order
http://www.rvsurplus.net/catalog/dis...roduct_id=3789

Ebay - used search words-> RV Day Night Shades or -> RV Shades
There are several colors/sizes currently available

Hope this helps!
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
nfd421

im not sure what the differance is between day/night blinds and regular blinds and as for going to lowes or home depot these shades/blinds attach different then normal home blinds as there are clips that hold them from the top instread of the slide in brackets from the sides
nfd421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:40 AM   #6
campingcpl

Quote:
im not sure what the differance is between day/night blinds and regular blinds and as for going to lowes or home depot these shades/blinds attach different then normal home blinds as there are clips that hold them from the top instread of the slide in brackets from the sides
We just replaced all the blinds in our 2009 Sprinter. Do you need the metal mini blinds or the soft blinds? If you need the mini blinds let me know what sizes you need and I will see if I have any that will work for you and we can work out a deal on them. You can pm me with the sizes if you want.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:32 AM   #7
Meefirst234

window blinds

Hello, just bumping this thread because I am also in need of some travel trailer blinds. I was wondering if roman blinds are available for trailers, I know venetians and blackout blinds with suction cups exist. I wouldn't know if they attach with clips like nfd421 mentioned. This paragraph I found on the internet talks mostly about home blinds I'm thinking, right? : Within our range there is a colour or fabric texture to suit any dècor; a beautiful choice for any window making a definite impact. Made fully lined using the highest quality sateen and black out linings roman blind from our next day range is delivered to you mounted on an aluminium track with an automatic cord lock or choose the optional bead chain cassette operation.
I hope I don't sound like a rookie when it comes to blinds or cars. Thank you for your time and help!
Meefirst234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:44 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

If you go to the GENERAL FORUMS section, under Repairs and Maintenance, the first thread is a "sticky" titled Rv suppliers and rv parts sources

You can find it here: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12986

You should find several sources for the blinds you're looking for in that listing.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:15 PM   #9
Kristi

We replaced the metal mini blinds in the bunk windows with the same type of clothe shades that are on the slide windows. We went to the parts dept. @ the dealer to price them & they told us they had several in the back for $10 each. Apparently when folks buy new trailers & upgrade the shades, the service dept. re-sales the original shades for cheap. I'm sure not all dealers do this, but it's worth a shot.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote