Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2016, 01:12 PM   #21
Bill & Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I used #14 x 1".
Here are the numbers on the Fastenal tag:
14x1 HWH SDS 410SS

The fender washers were P/N 1171212

I twisted the heads off several of the existing crews so I ended up just adding the new ones in between the existing. Most drilled in fairly easy, but a few were tough to get in. I assume I drilled those into the web of the I beam instead of the flange. I did not drill pilot holes. I used a 1/4" cordless impact driver. I just did the section forward of the axles, the rear looked pretty good and had gas lines, spare tire carrier, etc to help support. I looked at 8ft sections of light gauge angle iron that had the holes and slots in it. I might add 2 or 3 of those later.
When I pulled a corner of the chloroplast down to look around I got a couple cups of water on me. I was right under the dump valve so I immediately thought...oh great, a poo-nami. But it was clear and didn't stink. I hoping it's condensate, but I may rig up a pressure test for my water supply lines.
I have decided when I get home from Florida I'm going to replace all my lag screws with the stainless and fender washers. But while I have the chloroplast down I'm going to repair a sticking gray water valve and add some extra insulation.

Bill
Pullrite Superglide 15K Hitch
Bill & Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:36 PM   #22
gearhead

I went back to the lumber yard and bought 2 pieces of the angle iron. Cut one of them to the width of the frame and used the screws to attach midway between the existing braces. I will get the other one done next week.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:15 AM   #23
gearhead

I'm hearing on a fishing forum this stuff is great:
http://www.fluid-film.com/applications/automotive/
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 05:16 PM   #24
vschlepp

similar issue with 2013 Laredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
It seems that the screws holding the underbelly are an issue for all of us. On my 2nd trip I hit a rainstorm in hwy 49 in LA. It was a heavy storm and lasted for an hour or so as we were traveling. I stopped for gas and saw water pouring out from under the RV. The front of the bottom liner was hanging down and water was just pouring from the top of the lining. I had to drive back home to TX like that. Thankfully it stopped raining and the wind hopefully dried things out.

When we returned I took it into CW to be repaired. Although it was 2 month out of warranty Keystone approved the repairs. All but 2 of the screws across the front were either rusted off or had completely missed the liner. Just the force of the wind would have pulled the liner off. I had them replace all the screws and install a piece of flashing across the front to stop any intrusion of air or water between the liner and the front of the trailer.
.com

I have finally figured out my underbelly water issue (9 years later).
The left side underbelly has only 3 screws attaching it. They are there to clamp the propane black pipe from tanks to the RH distribution place. I happened to push up on the droopy belly and watched the coroplast slide back and forth.. A screw up at manufacture? Will follow your plan for the front flashing.
vschlepp is offline   Reply With Quote