Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #1
Challenged

What Accessory?

I have limited money competing for a bunch of things from preventive maintenance to comfort items. What should I spend my money on? What thing for your trailer would you never do without and are glad you bought?

Shoot, I posted in the wrong place. This should be under modifications but I can't delete it.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #2
trueweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenged View Post
I have limited money competing for a bunch of things from preventive maintenance to comfort items. What should I spend my money on? What thing for your trailer would you never do without and are glad you bought?

Shoot, I posted in the wrong place. This should be under modifications but I can't delete it.
If it's a new to you RV, I have the same year...

- Dicor (2 tubes) self leveling sealant: check your roof regularly and apply over any cracks or gaps.
- Eternabond tape: keep this in your RV toolkit, it can seal about anything should a leak arise
- Denatured Alcohol: Keep this in your RV toolkit to clean anything before you apply Dicor or Eternabond
- Butyl Tape: Will also seal many water leaks in a jam and great for regular maintenance
- Separate rubber-maid containers for waste water hoses, accessories & attachments and fresh water hoses, filters and attachments.

That's a few low dollar items to get you started.
trueweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
bsmith0404

x2 on the Rubbermaid totes in the convenience category.

-Shark rechargeable vacuum
-small table with dish washing pan (I don't wash the dishes inside...I like to keep the messes outside, set up a washing station at the outdoor shower)
-shoe tree. We have a shoe tree that we keep outside near the steps. Less clutter inside.
-camp chef camp stove. You can find used ones cheap. I don't carry extra lp tanks, I just use my second tank from the camper for cooking.

-Most important, a comfortable chair. We love our zero gravity loungers from cabelas...you're supposed to be relaxing and enjoying the trip. We place a small table between them and have a cup of coffee each morning while relaxing.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:32 PM   #4
GaryWT

I agree with nice chairs, we went through cheap ones before investing in nice ones. A good gas grill, easy to pack and easy to connect to a quick connect if you have one and a sewer hose storage tube to connected under the trailer, we made ours.

Guessing that you have your hoses, cable, pots and pans etc.

Good luck.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:40 PM   #5
Challenged

Accessory

My challenger came with hoses and a storage spot. For the loungers, do you mean the Cabelas zero gravity ($49) or the Cabelas zero gravity padded ($79)?
Old 10-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #6
mcsearch1

We purchased a hardwood cutting board that sets on top of the stove. It has a rubber backing on one side so it stays put. It really expands the available counter space when not using the stove.
mcsearch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

I would look very seriously at a jack and lug wrench that will work to get you back on the road in the unfortunate event that you should have a tire problem in the middle of "nowhere". There's lots to be said about convenience and comfort items, and they do belong on the list, but if you can't get to where you're going or can't get back home, about all they can do is keep you comfortable while you're stranded.

I'd urge you to practice changing a tire in your driveway. You never really know if your "plans" will actually work until you try them. I've seen people who have all the "right tools" but failed to remember that the two bolts holding the spare tire on its rack aren't the same size as the lug nuts, so after all their checking and planning, they got their RV jacked up, the flat tire off the axle and couldn't get their spare tire off the rear bumper.

Run through your emergency actions and make sure your "accessory purchase" includes the tools you'll need to get yourself out of a "predicament"...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #8
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenged View Post
My challenger came with hoses and a storage spot. For the loungers, do you mean the Cabelas zero gravity ($49) or the Cabelas zero gravity padded ($79)?
We have the padded, my parents have the unpadded. We each bought the ones that felt best to us.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote