Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
Bi11dawg

Vtw?

Got a 2012 Cougar 327RES and I currently i am using a gooseneck adapter to haul. Have been looking at a B&W companion set up that uses the gooseneck as an attachment point. Question is it says it is rated 4500# VTW which im assuming is Vertical Tongue Weight. How do I find the VTW or is it known for a stock setup? Thanks.
Bi11dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
HOPABO

adapter

Just picked up a 2014 cougar 327res and it is listed as having 1500#of weight on the hitch/fifth wheel pin. Also I am using a fifth wheel adapter that I removed from my trade in and it works just fine on this new fifth wheeler.
HOPABO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
EricLynnAllison

I am also using the B&W companion. My tongue is about 3500# with my toy hauler. I have 13,000mi. on it so far.
Previous 1973 Coleman Popup
EricLynnAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #4
Bi11dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPABO View Post
Just picked up a 2014 cougar 327res and it is listed as having 1500#of weight on the hitch/fifth wheel pin. Also I am using a fifth wheel adapter that I removed from my trade in and it works just fine on this new fifth wheeler.
When you say adapter, do you mean a Gooseneck Adapter that requires the pin box to be drilled and bolted to it? That is what I have. I felt like it pulled great, being I have never pulled an actual 5th wheel with the 5th wheel hitch set up. I was just worried about long term use and if it could cause any damage to the frame is why I have been looking at the B&W companion.
Bi11dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
BlindGuyNAR

Most GN adapters void frame warranty the second they are attached. I think only Resse is allowed by Lippert.
BlindGuyNAR is offline   Reply With Quote