Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
F3Adventure

Help identifying/adjusting slide

Hi,

I recently purchased a 2003 Springdale, M-286 RLDS. The unit has two slides, one for the dinette and the other for the bed. Everywhere I look I see the manual for the Lippert dinette slide but I can't find a thing for the bedroom slide, which of course is the one out of adjustment. The lower left corner sticks out 1.5- 2 inches when fully closed. I found the "stop bolts" below and loosened them to see if they were holding the slide out a little to but when fully retracted now the slide doesn't hit the bolts and is still does not close completely. Aslo, the head of the bed which is in the slide seems to be a little lower then the foot of the bed.

I can't find a diagram, brand name, manual, or anything else about this slide. I did take some pictures of the slide assembly which is visible when you lift up the bed decking. The motor is in the middle and connects to the piece in the center that extends and retracts. There is an arm on each side that slide in and out but they appear passive while center is where the drive is to extend/retract the slide.

I know this post is all over the place. I'm just trying to provide as much info as possible with the hope that somebody can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for your help!
F3Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Try going to the Lippert web site - the major manufacturer/supplier of Keystone slides and other mechanisms. My best guess is that it is a Lippert slide. There are manuals available there but you first have to match up the slide with the manual (electric/hydraulic, etc.) In the manual, there are instructions for adjusting the slide mechanism.

The website is: www.lci1.com
Hope this helps.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
F3Adventure

Thanks Festus2 for the quick reply. I lloked through every PDF I could find at the Lippert site and did not find a match. I also emailed a picture of the mechanism to Lippert support to see if they could tell me anything. I'll post back if i hear back from them. in the mean time, any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

You may not find an exact match and I am wondering if the adjustments are pretty much general and can be used in a variety of applications. I don't imagine that there would be a complete set of different configurations and instructions for every model of RV.

Let us know how you make out with Lippert but for now my idea bank is empty.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
Javi

Don't forget BAL
Old 07-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

Javi -
Whoops! Sorry --- Forgot all about BAL. Must be losing my memory.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Javi -
Whoops! Sorry --- Forgot all about BAL. Must be losing my memory.
Happens to all of us as we age
Old 07-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #8
F3Adventure

What is BAL?
Old 07-25-2013, 06:28 AM   #9
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3Adventure View Post
What is BAL?
http://www.norcoind.com/bal/products...de/index.shtml
Old 07-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

BAL is another manufacturer/supplier of the slide mechanisms used in RV's.

They are a "competetor" of Lippert.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #11
F3Adventure

I see, thanks again for the info. I did not see a BAL design that matched either. I am still waiting to hear back from Lippert.

I also posted the question on the pay site justanswers where 6 experts were supposedly waiting to help me. They did not even answer the question so I'm thinking I may have been taken for a ride...

I'll post back when I hear from Lippert. Also, I do have a picture of the slide if anyone wants to take a crack at identifying it. -just throwing that out there.

Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #12
Festus2
Site Team

I would think that since one of your slides is a Lippert, the other one is most likely that make as well. You might also try sending an email to Keystone identifying your unit and ask them if they will tell you what kind of slides you have.

It will be interesting to see a) if they respond, and b) if they will provide you with this information.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #13
Javi

How about this..http://www.powergearus.com/products/slideout-systems
Old 07-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #14
F3Adventure

Thanks again for your replies. I'll have to check the motor when i get home to see if I can find a manufactures name on it to help determine who owns the design for the slide.

I did get an email back today from Lippert with a manual, unfortunately the model was a completely different design then the one I describe (and sent a picture of) LOL The design they sent me has alignment plates that can be adjusted but I don't see anything like that on my design.

Also, maybe Keystone will respond with some helpful information. I'll let you know. Thanks again for your support!
Old 07-26-2013, 05:58 AM   #15
F3Adventure

Alright, were making some progress now! Thanks again to all of you who have offered your thoughts.

I contacted Keystone, Lippert, and Power Gear/Kwikee trying to determine which slide I had. All three companies were very good about getting back to me and trying to help. I was actually really amazed and impressed with how easy it was to get through to these companies and how willing they were to try and help.

Lippert gave me this link to help identify my slide: http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option...375&Itemid=312

It turns out I have the Electric Bed Cradle. I still don't know how to adjust it yet, but at least I now know what unit I have.

I do some more digging and see what I can learn about adjusting this slide. I'll post back anything I find out. -Thanks again!