Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
ocho

A few questions about my 2011 300MP

First of, first post and looking forward to more. I love this new (to me) 2011 300mp Raptor Velocity. I have been lurking here for a while and have gotten some good info. Now, ive got a few questions;

1. My system monitor has on it, and the order may not be exactly as I type it, Battery, Fresh Water, Grey 1, Black 1, Grey 2, Black 2. I cant find any specific info on the tanks, but does it have 2 grey tanks and 2 black tanks? If so, how are they connected? IS there a valve to drain each seperatly? A valve to connect one tank to another? Im confused on this one because when I press the monitor button the Grey 1 says empty and the Grey 2 says full. Same with the Black 1 and 2. Hmmmm!! I know the indicator lights are wildly innaccurate.

2. DAmn, forgot the other question. Gettin old sucks!!
ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
Str8shooter

Ocho, I hope you enjoy your Raptor.

We have a 2011 Raptor 300MP and I'm certain we have the same panel.

Your rig should be the same as ours - one black tank and two gray tanks; one gray for the bathroom and one gray tank for the kitchen.

Our black drain release valve is located in a small compartment beneath the basement door on the left side. Next to the black value is the bathroom gray tank value. The release value for the kitchen gray tank is a few inches left of the sewer outlet.

Like your panel, we have two black and two gray level indicators yet, we only have one black tank. You're correct, the indicators, especially the black tank indicator is has much to be desired. Take care to use the black tank rinse as much as possible when connected to a water supply after draining.

I hope this helps - have fun!

Rick & Carol
16k Pullrite SuperGlide w/SuperRails
2011 Polaris Ranger XP 800
Str8shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
ocho

Thanks for the info. Now when you say the kitchen grey drain is a few inches left of the sewer drain, do you mean the large main drain under the large slide out? Do I have a black tank flush? I was looking for that, but not sure what im looking for.

And I remembered the other question. How can one shut off the light for the fuel gauge thats mounted in that same panel? Thats a battery killer fo sho!!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #4
ocho

Now ya got me thinkin. There is a small sliding shut off valve just to the right as your looking at the trailer thats inline of a smaller black plastic tube that exit from the rear of the trailer and ties into the large main drain. Is that what your talking about? I assumed that was to drain the fresh water tanks. If thats not to drain the fresh water tanks, how then are those drained? Thanks again!!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
Str8shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho View Post
Thanks for the info. Now when you say the kitchen grey drain is a few inches left of the sewer drain, do you mean the large main drain under the large slide out? Do I have a black tank flush? I was looking for that, but not sure what im looking for.

And I remembered the other question. How can one shut off the light for the fuel gauge thats mounted in that same panel? Thats a battery killer fo sho!!
Correct, the large main sewer drain under the left side dining area slide out. I apologize, I said the kitchen gray tank release value was left of the main drain outlet which was incorrect - it is several inches to the right on the smaller black drain line that connects to the larger waste outlet pipe.

Our black tank flush valve is located where I mentioned in my first post. The black flush pull release value and the bathroom gray tank pull release valve are side by side in the small compartment just below the large basement door.

I'm uncertain what you're referring to in your last post. It seems to me that many trailers of the same make and model will have some variations in plumbing set up. The fresh water tank drain value on our rig is a simple white 1/2" tube that runs straight down and located about 15 inches under the coach at the garage steps on the right side. To drain the water a threaded cap is remove from the tube.

On my brother in laws Fuzion, his fresh water drain is through a larger 1" to 1 1/2" tube with a slide valve - much nicer and faster way to drain the water than my set up. From what I know, all fresh water drains are separate from the sewer drains for sanitary reasons.

I hope this helps.

Rick & Carol
16k Pullrite SuperGlide w/SuperRails
2011 Polaris Ranger XP 800
Str8shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
ocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8shooter View Post
Correct, the large main sewer drain under the left side dining area slide out. I apologize, I said the kitchen gray tank release value was left of the main drain outlet which was incorrect - it is several inches to the right on the smaller black drain line that connects to the larger waste outlet pipe.

Our black tank flush valve is located where I mentioned in my first post. The black flush pull release value and the bathroom gray tank pull release valve are side by side in the small compartment just below the large basement door.

I'm uncertain what you're referring to in your last post. It seems to me that many trailers of the same make and model will have some variations in plumbing set up. The fresh water tank drain value on our rig is a simple white 1/2" tube that runs straight down and located about 15 inches under the coach at the garage steps on the right side. To drain the water a threaded cap is remove from the tube.

On my brother in laws Fuzion, his fresh water drain is through a larger 1" to 1 1/2" tube with a slide valve - much nicer and faster way to drain the water than my set up. From what I know, all fresh water drains are separate from the sewer drains for sanitary reasons.

I hope this helps.
Yep, found it. Bummer that Ive been haulin around a few hundred extra pounds. Not no more. Got it drained.

BTW, where is the antenna amplifier push button? Thanks
Old 01-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #7
Outbackmel

Antenna booster

Current and previous Keystone, button is behind the main cabin tv. It is a funny looking wall mount socket but has a small black activation button. Generally an "on" light is green when engaged as operational. You have to turn this on prior to doing any air scan or you will get nothing. Been there, done that!
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
ocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackmel View Post
Current and previous Keystone, button is behind the main cabin tv. It is a funny looking wall mount socket but has a small black activation button. Generally an "on" light is green when engaged as operational. You have to turn this on prior to doing any air scan or you will get nothing. Been there, done that!
Found mine. It was on the bedroom cable outlet. Odd!!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #9
Outbackmel

Booster outlet

Glad to hear you found it. Little things can be frustrating and why the mfgr chooses not to standardize more items is very puzzling. In your case, outcome good.

This forum has been very helpful to me with both current issue use and using search tools. Lot's of experienced people out there.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote