Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
ZEPPELIN291

Sagging slide opening

Hello all. I am a new member. I have a 2006 Zeppelin 291 towing with a Ford Expedition. I am looking for someone with the same problem or better yet a solution for a sagging wall above the slide opening. Seems to be getting worse in the last 2 years. Can anyone help?

Moderator's Note:
Post moved to this section from New Member Check In.
ZEPPELIN291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:51 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Welcome. From your post I am not sure if the opening is sagging or the roof of the slide itself is sagging. I think that over time the roof of our 10 - 12ft slide has sagged a little but not to a point where it would concern me as long as everything still seals. Maybe someone with a Zep can be of more help, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
ZEPPELIN291

The roof of the slide and the slide itself are OK. The opening in the wall directly above the slide is what is sagging. It appears that the opening was not reinforced enough and now, over time, it is sagging in the middle of the slide opening. It is most noticeable when the slide is closed. If the unit is completely level, rain water will not run off either end of the evestrough. It accumulates in the centre of the evestrough and spills onto the roof of the slide. last summer I we had water comming in so I had to crank the nose up slightly so the water would run off towards the rear. We haven't used the RV on a constant basis, only a handful of times each summer, but now that it is 6 years old, I don't think Keystone will off any kind of assistance. My dealer tells me that the repair is costly. I have already had a section of the floor replaced due to water leaks around the main entry door. The leaks from the slide when closed seem to have been corrected by resealing the slide cable brackets and the installation of a slide topper.
ZEPPELIN291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

As a temporary fix, would it help to install an additional rain gutter above your present one in such a way that it has enough slope to take away the water?? If adding another gutter won't help or you don't have enough space, can you remove the present one and re-install it so that it isn't low in the center?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
Ron

Sounds like to me you have a structural issue going on, it should not sag in the slide opening frame work of the trailer. As mentioned by Hankpage the slide itself roof and frame work does sag over time, this is some what a normal thing with rvs with large slide outs............
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote