Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
cjensen91910

Bedroom slide leak

I have a leak at the bottom forward corner of the slide. I noticed on the newer coaches, Montana (Keystone) installed a gutter sweep on the wall of the slide at the bottom corner of the wall, behind the outer rubber slide seal that directs water out to the edge of the coach. Must be a known problem of water intrusion at this point. Can't find what the part number for this piece is and don't know how to order it so I can install. Has anybody replaced or installed one of these sweeps? Anybody know where to get one? I have an older unit from 2001 and I have no idea when they started installing these gutters.
cjensen91910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Leaks in the bottom corners of slides are usually from the small metal molding that runs horizontally across the bottom of the slides side. Check that strip and see if any of the screws have come loose or the caulk has voids there or at window. If not than you may be on the right track with the sweep. JM2˘, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
cjensen91910

Well it's raining again so if it EVER stops I am going to redo the window seal Hank. Everything else looks good. I just hope I can get a line on those sweep gutters, thanks for the reply.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjensen91910 View Post
Well it's raining again so if it EVER stops I am going to redo the window seal Hank. Everything else looks good. I just hope I can get a line on those sweep gutters, thanks for the reply.
Maybe this is what you are looking for. The supplier also has other styles.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
cjensen91910

The ones I am talking about are behind the rubber seal as in the pic you sent. They are made of molded ABS or styrene or such. Look to be epoxied or taped to the slide wall at the lower inside corner. Replaced the rubber outer seal and recaulked all ready, no help.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:33 AM   #6
cjensen91910

The leak I had was coming from the bat wing antennae up on the roof, down the roof curve to the wall, down the structure at the slide opening to the bottom corner. This is to remind all how far water can travel, and fool you, before you see it. Started pulling things apart to find it.