Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2021, 04:32 AM   #1
kfp673

How to solidify shower floor?

Hello All,

We have an Outback 325BH which has a corner shower. The shower floor has always been fairly soft, and VERY soft around the drain. I removed the access panel to see what is going on and I see why. The shower pan basically sits on a wood platform with a hole cut in the middle for the drain. Problem is the hole in the platform is probably 12-16" diameter so all of that area is not supported. There are 2 additional 2x4 pieces that help support it.

So.. I'm curious if anyone has come up with a way to solidify the shower without removing the whole shower and replacing the platform. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
kfp673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 05:21 AM   #2
ChuckS

if you cut a circle of wood that will fit in that large hole and cut it in half with of course a smaller hole in the middle and place up in the existing cutout and then mount a piece of wood over that to the existing floor material it might brace up that cut out area

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor