Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2021, 02:17 PM   #1
DoninCanada

Looking for Remote Control

I recently bought a used 2015 Keystone Bullet 212RBSWE Bumper Tow Trailer
It has a Entertainment Center which houses a Sansui TV and a IRV CD/DVD/Radio unit

I did not get a remote control with it. Does anyone know if it came with a single remote that operates both the TV and the DVD unit, or are there 2 separate remotes?

If so do you know where I can buy one? I have not tried the Dealer yet as the last time I spoke to them on another matter they were no help at all and said that my trailer was to old for them to get parts. I am from Canada and there is limited support here.

An suggestions. Even if you have a picture or a model number or anthing that can help me find one. Thanks
DoninCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:13 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I don't know anything about those units but can you not get a universal remote that can be coded to them?
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:36 PM   #3
DoninCanada

IRV Remote

You can and I did, but only some of the functions work.
I have since discovered that I can download an app to my phone that is supposed to control the DVD/CD/Radio etc. I have not tried it yet but will as soon as I get home tonight. If it works that is pretty cool.
It works on the bluetooth frequency.
That would resolve the stereo portion. The Universal remote I tried for the TV operates most of the TV functions so I may settle for that
The frustration is Amazon Canada says it is unavailable,
Amazon USA says it is $20 but they will not ship to Canada.
I did call the dealer. We will see what they say when they get back to me.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:38 PM   #4
bobbecky

Take your pick, there are loads of different remotes, and at least one of these should do the trick. Before we went fulltime, had a Harmony remote that worked everything from the TV to the DVD player and everything else that was connected. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=universal...ss_ts-a-p_1_23
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:43 PM   #5
DoninCanada

Thanks

I did go this route and as I mentioned previously I have some functionality but not all.

I will see what the dealer offers. It looks like I will need a different remote for the TV and Stereo. But if the downloaded app works that resolves one of them.

Once again thank you
Old 01-11-2021, 05:39 PM   #6
Gord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoninCanada View Post
It has a Entertainment Center which houses a Sansui TV and a IRV CD/DVD/Radio unit

I did not get a remote control with it. Does anyone know if it came with a single remote that operates both the TV and the DVD unit, or are there 2 separate remotes?

If so do you know where I can buy one? I have not tried the Dealer yet as the last time I spoke to them on another matter they were no help at all and said that my trailer was to old for them to get parts. I am from Canada and there is limited support here.

An suggestions. Even if you have a picture or a model number or anthing that can help me find one. Thanks
We have a 2015 Bullet same size but with the rear dining area, ours does have 2 remotes. If you like when it gets light out tomorrow I'll wander down to the trailer and see if I can get some model numbers off the remotes.
Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:23 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

If you've got an old DirecTV or Dish universal remote, you might try setting it up with the codes for your TV and the DVD/stereo systems.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:42 PM   #8
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoninCanada View Post

Google the TV model and remote control. There are places that will make you a 100 percent working remote with that info or you can likely find one for sale for that late a model TV.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:27 PM   #9
Gord

Got a picture of our Sansui remote. The stereo in our Bullet is a Jensen so I would think yours is not the same remote as ours.
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...7M6DTcx77hAye4
Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 02:22 PM   #10
Baldy

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to post my success finding a replacement remote for my Sansui tv. The remote was missing from my Keystone when I purchased it last year.

I purchased this remote from Amazon for my model SLED 3215 (sorry, it won't let me attach a hyperlink).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QBDPPBD...roduct_details

The remote was a product of RemotesPro.

This remote looks nothing like what my research showed the OEM looks like. But it has an array of small buttons with equally small icons that let you access all the functions on the menu screen as well as the standard on/off, volume, and channel buttons. Every function worked right out of the package (remote comes with batteries). Cost was $36.

Hope this helps someone else with a missing remote.

Now I have to decide if I want to spend the $$$ for the iRV stereo remote.......

2020 Cougar RDB
B&W Companion Hitch
2014 RAM 2500 5.7 Hemi 4X4
Baldy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remote, remote control