Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2020, 01:24 PM   #1
rsthomis

Broken window crank

Greetings!
The window crank on our Bullet Premier got hit by the door. The plastic guide that slides in the channel under the window is broken. We don't know the best way to repair it. Ideas? I'm attaching a picture. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200612_113424267.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	344.8 KB
ID:	27996  
rsthomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 10:40 AM   #2
bobbecky

You may end up having to replace the entire window assembly. I know that may not sound like the cheapest way to fix the problem, but it may be the quickest and least stressful way, once you start trying to get parts, that may not be available. Your RV dealer may be your best source for what to do with this problem.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 06:47 PM   #3
Papa Steve

I had the same thing happen. I drilled out the two rivets holding the crank assembly. Then put the round disc back in its channel and used two 6/32 x 1/2" machine screw with nut and lock washer in place of rivets. Very easy repair
Old 05-19-2022, 11:16 AM   #4
Zoopster

I have same type of crank mechanism in my 2020 raptor. My problem is that the DW attempted to over extend the crank and ending up bending the 2 arms. Any ideas on manufacturer of crank. No one including several RV supply centers can find them. All help greatly appreciated
Zoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 06:51 PM   #5
MahiTacos2

Old thread but maybe somebody knows about these frameless windows. I have an Outback 320UBH and the window has some sort of a crank that rides in a track that’s attached to the window. The 2 bars that slide in the track to operate the window have broken. The window was stuck shut and trying to open I believe it was too much force. I’ve had no luck with searches. And the last post on this thread to Kinro.com is Lippert but I don’t see any parts there. Any ideas on where to find?
MahiTacos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 06:54 PM   #6
MahiTacos2

Resurrecting an old thread... same issue. Where do you find this part? What’s it called?
Old 10-26-2023, 03:53 AM   #7
Texas Steve

Check with Recpro.com. You may not find the parts needed for the window depending on what year TT you have and may just need to buy a new window and replace it. Good luck!
Texas Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 06:52 AM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiTacos2 View Post
Old thread but maybe somebody knows about these frameless windows. I have an Outback 320UBH and the window has some sort of a crank that rides in a track that’s attached to the window. The 2 bars that slide in the track to operate the window have broken. The window was stuck shut and trying to open I believe it was too much force. I’ve had no luck with searches. And the last post on this thread to Kinro.com is Lippert but I don’t see any parts there. Any ideas on where to find?

Don't know where you have looked but here is a link to a quick google search;

https://www.google.com/search?q=rv+w...client=gws-wiz

My frameless windows had the round ridged knobs. Also, those mechanisms are not very strong and my frameless windows would stick to the seals. When opening I always pushed out on the window when turning the know or I suspect the same thing would have happened to mine - they aren't that strong. When closing just pull them snug, they tend to seal on their own over time.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 08:21 AM   #9
MahiTacos2

Thanks… the Google search doesn’t cut it. Need a vendor/par nbr or brand name. Far too generic of a search and not knowing the vendor/brand/part nbr makes a Google search useless. My local RV has had them on perpetual back order from vendor. They didn’t tell me a brand or part nbr as I’m sure they didn’t want me to not buy from them.

Anyone know how to find the replacements for what’s pictured by OP? I know there are 3 size options and that’s about it.
Old 02-23-2024, 12:06 PM   #10
chuckster57
Site Team

Just fixed 2 this week. Drill out the rivets, straighten the arms. Put the rollers back in the track and use new rivets.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 06:28 AM   #11
MahiTacos2

The rollers on mine were damaged with a square edge… lesson learned push the window while you crank other wise the flimsy plastic roller will flatten. Had to order a replacement. The perpetual backlog did arrive at my local RV shop. $44 they wanted for it but they remembered me asking since last August so they sold it for $30! Had to drill out rivets. Black rivets were not an easy find retail so I went to HD amd found black button head screw nut and lock washer. Button head on inside bolts on outside to leave clearance room for the arms. The replacement arms are called Kinro Torque Operator amd the size I needed was 7 inches. Knowing the name I now found them on line on www.pellandent.com for $33 plus freight so RV shop treated me well.
Old 03-01-2024, 06:18 PM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiTacos2 View Post
The rollers on mine were damaged with a square edge… lesson learned push the window while you crank other wise the flimsy plastic roller will flatten. Had to order a replacement. The perpetual backlog did arrive at my local RV shop. $44 they wanted for it but they remembered me asking since last August so they sold it for $30! Had to drill out rivets. Black rivets were not an easy find retail so I went to HD amd found black button head screw nut and lock washer. Button head on inside bolts on outside to leave clearance room for the arms. The replacement arms are called Kinro Torque Operator amd the size I needed was 7 inches. Knowing the name I now found them on line on www.pellandent.com for $33 plus freight so RV shop treated me well.
Glad you finally got it repaired.... As for "black rivets", I've got an old piece of foam board laying in the back of the pole barn. When I need a specific color screwhead or rivet, I stick 6 or 8 "plain silver ones" into that board, spend about 30 seconds shaking a "rattle can" of the correct color and in about 3 quick passes with the rattle can, I've got what I need and a couple spares. Only takes them about 30 minutes to dry in the sun (or under the heater if it's winter) and no trip to the hardware store needed.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote