Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2020, 06:33 PM   #21
Randallf

We were camping @the KOA in Corvallis Or a couple of weeks ago and the price
Was the same as last year
I also booked a few days in August and paid the same
I think the one on the coast is price gouging. should be reported to the attorney general
Randallf
2017 Sprinter FW
Randallf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 06:07 AM   #22
+Ruff Rider
Gone Traveling

As someone else stated no out of state campers allowed. My season is over because we like to travel. There is so much to see that we just love going to different states. We have seen most everything here in Ca. We are still mostly locked down. Can't get a hair cut in the Bay Area till late July.
+Ruff Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:37 AM   #23
Steve's 70-5

News story here said RV sales up. Easy way to self contain.

Start reserving that site.

Probably will be some good deals on used equipment in a few years.

Joe Walsh
Steve's 70-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:41 AM   #24
mikz86ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Supply and demand.
Probably also trying to make up for lost revenue. The park we are at went up last year....owner claimed he has not gone up on rates in years. This hike was a bit much imo. But, he has done some improvements and I heard he just bought a 3rd park miles away.
But since COVID19, they have had limited reservations, no cabin camping, no tent camping and their pool & bathrooms & showers are closed. They actually had to tell people with RVs, they can't use the shower and bathroom at the park. I bought my 5er with amenities so I wouldn't have to use anyone elses. Baffled why on full hookups you need to use the parks facility.
But anyway, they are losing revenue for the past 2.5 months with 10 tent, 14 cabin rooms vacant
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:08 AM   #25
rlh1957

It is supply & demand. I don’t like it or think it’s good. But what ya gonna do?
We are going to find more of old prices disappearing. Have you been watching the RV and media news of RV sales going so high. People are choosing vacation in a safe social distanced mode of camping.
Not only higher camp prices because if demand, but more people means fewer reservations available. I feel even state parks prices will rise. The money they lost during this quarantine and mandated closures will have cut into Priofits that they use in off season for repairs, sewer, electric and amenity upgrades.

What I do think is after many stir crazy new campers go through this year or maybe another season they discover camping isn’t for them. Then there will be a flood of recent model RV’s on the used market with only two or three trips. Some with only one trip!

2020 Cougar Half Ton 29RKS Fifth Wheel
2019 F350 4WD Lariat SRW 6.7 Diesel Super Duty
Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch - JT Strongarm TST509 TPMS- 2200W(8)Solar Panels - 800AH (8) BattleBorn Lithium Batteries. 3000W Victron MultiPlus II Inverter. SoftStartRV on both AC’s - Predator 3500 generator
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 12:39 PM   #26
rodgebone

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
In defense of KOA, I just called the people at KOA Astoria Seaside in Hammond, Oregon and the rate is $84.00, FHU, and the rate last year was $80.00. Just sayin'....
ON edit, let me say this woman who answered (Can't reserve online) was brusque to the point of being rude. I used 2 adults, no kids, no pets, and 34' 5th wheel as my base info to her.
Just for reference I stayed at this KOA (Astoria/Warrenton) 3x recently. last time was January 2020: $43/night FHU cable/wifi pull thru (2 adults/pet/33' trailer). granted, it was not a deluxe site, was off season and was before the virus. also stayed in one of their deluxe cabins last Nov - was $118 night. saved about $5/night w/my membership. this is a huge KOA with more amenities than average but is a pretty noisy place even on a quiet day. Ft Stevens State Park across the road is much nicer at $32 FHU & some Oregon state parks will reopen to camping tomorrow (June 9). unfortunately the coastal parks will take longer but im betting by July 4th. I dont see them wanting to lose THAT revenue (virus or no virus)
Old 06-08-2020, 12:56 PM   #27
rlh1957

I agree with Rogebone’s approach... where have you not seen prices increase over the years?
5% even up to 10% we see even when there isn’t a global event.
Some campgrounds provide general camp information, but with things still fluid and varying by state you have to call to reserve. Changing information on their website daily requires time or maybe whomever manages their site charges.

2020 Cougar Half Ton 29RKS Fifth Wheel
2019 F350 4WD Lariat SRW 6.7 Diesel Super Duty
Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch - JT Strongarm TST509 TPMS- 2200W(8)Solar Panels - 800AH (8) BattleBorn Lithium Batteries. 3000W Victron MultiPlus II Inverter. SoftStartRV on both AC’s - Predator 3500 generator
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 01:24 PM   #28
ptpick

Campground

Thank you for all the replies. I did call back and did get the same cost $140 FH/50Amp/deluxe/pull through for 35' 5th wheel. I actually choose no deluxe 30 amp pull through fo $65.

I really like this KOA because of size and amenities they are awesome.Signs of the times I suppose for cost though.
ptpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 03:35 PM   #29
B-O-B'03

We had reservations for 3 nights, starting Sunday June 7, at the Preston Bend COE park on Lake Texoma and with my senior pass they were $11/night.

The site is water and electric only with a dump station near by.

Not a bad deal.

-Brian
Old 06-09-2020, 01:33 PM   #30
DarkElf

Omg!!!

Here in NH at our favorite (privately owned) campground we pay $49 a night with full hookups and our site is right on the shore on the crystal clear lake - we have our own water access and small strip of beach.
And, no jacking up of the rates from last year either.
$140 per night is highway robbery!
DarkElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 06:05 PM   #31
donajohn

Angry Maine campground restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Toy View Post
Our usual "go to" didn't have an increase, BUT... Pools closed, Laundromat by Appointment. Rec Hall CLOSED. Distancing enforced for groups of six or less. No large parties, NO GUESTS. Possibly adjusting measures July 1.

Why bother, dug a fire pit in the back yard, and will camp out on the back lawn til at least 7/15. H*ll can't leave the site anyhow!

Good Luck,
Sounds like the campground we WERE going to in Maine. We cancelled. Will stay in FLA heat until August.
donajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:59 AM   #32
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1957 View Post
What I do think is after many stir crazy new campers go through this year or maybe another season they discover camping isn’t for them. Then there will be a flood of recent model RV’s on the used market with only two or three trips. Some with only one trip!
Agreed. Unfortunately I don't need another RV... but I do expect to be thumbing through some great gun deals, for the same reasons.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:39 PM   #33
NH_Bulldog

We just booked our yearly 3-week Great Lakes trip (summer tour around all the lakes). We mostly stay in state parks with a power hook-up for our transient stays but stay at private campgrounds with full hook-ups for our 4-5 night stays along the route. I keep records of everything and this year’s cost are spot on with what we spent last year. Availability is good and we had no issues with finding sites at any of the public, private, state or provincial parks we booked.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
vantage