Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2019, 08:28 AM   #21
PDMarlowe

I had the same problem with the outside faucet leaking with the used Outback I bought this spring. I hadn't used it the first few times out and when I turned it on the first time (with the water pump running up, not campsite water) it started dripping at the knob. A quick disassembly showed it leaking at one of the o-rings. A quick trip to Ace Hardware and less than $1 later I was back in business with no more leaks.
PDMarlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 08:34 AM   #22
Ken / Claudia

#7 post was my answer. Try it first, if that does not fix the leak, than check further. Easy, takes a couple minutes.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #23
Frosty46

Those valves are easy to dismantle--most likely problem is a bit of scale dislodged and stuck under the seat of the valve. Tear it down and check. Yes remember that regulator,,,like I always do..LOL
Frosty46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:56 PM   #24
rich_d

I just took our 2018 Keystone IMPACT Toy Hauler in last week for some warranty work (bought it July this year) and 1 of the items is the same cold water shut off leaking in the outside shower bay. The bottom of the bay filled up in about an hour after I dried it out.

We had heard our pump running for a short time every now and then but took a couple of trips to figure out what was causing it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190902_122246.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	23692
rich_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:54 AM   #25
tonysr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
More than likely, it will be cheaper and quicker to just replace the faucet than trying to repair it. This is one that is commonly installed in RV's. If the valves can be removed, it is possible to find replacements, but all the running around trying to find the parts will just add to the frustration, where replacing it will solve the problem.
https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-Phoe...ateway&sr=8-13
you can get all the replacement parts to fix it at any hardware store because they are the same as whats used in your house washerless faucets. I just fixed mine and it was $3 to fix both the hot and cold.
tonysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 08:12 PM   #26
Wingerdinger

I have an RV that originally came with the outdoor shower faucet that had the attached 3 foot hose/sprayer.
I replaced it with one of those that have the detachable hose, and got a nice long hose and spray head.
Because the shower housing had two large holes in the back for the original hose to come out, I sealed off the housing with gorilla tape, from both inside and out. Now, any water coming from the outside, be it a leak, a bad aim from the shower faucet, whatever.. it will not be getting inside the shower housing.
I don't know if the outdoor shower housings are all the same or not.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 09:03 PM   #27
Audionut

This is like the one in our cougar,

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-Phoe...ateway&sr=8-13

And the dealer replaced it for us, free of charge.

Tags
leak, water