Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2015, 05:36 PM   #1
TheCabralFamily

2011 Raptor 3912 Light Fixture

Good Evening, have a quick question......how in the world do you change the lightbulb in the globe fixture above the couch slide out???? Thank You

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheCabralFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:46 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

If I saw a picture of it, I would probably know.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:28 PM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Question

Globe Fixture?? Do you mean the Globe light on the paddle fan? Only Globe light that I am aware of??
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:51 AM   #4
hdrolling

Is this the one your asking about?

http://www.trekwood.com/products/192...Glass-and-Bulb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	290502.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	8983  

Retired Army, 22yrs
hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:17 PM   #5
grtoutdoors

[QUOTE=TheCabralFamily;177675]Good Evening, have a quick question......how in the world do you change the lightbulb in the globe fixture above the couch slide out???? Thank You

We have a 2010 361 LEV with the same sort of lights (both above the table and couch). It took my wife and I 10min. before we figured it out.

Although it is very tight the glass part of the globe should spin - I forget which way it spun off (but I think it was left). The light had burnt out over the table and we couldn't get it to spin - so we tried the other one, and with a bit of elbow grease the other one spun off. Then we went back to the one over the table and we were quite forcefull with it and it came off as well. As the image shows in one of the other posts, the glass just separates from the brass ring.

What I mean by spin - if I remember correctly it was less then a quarter turn.

Hope that helps.

C
Old 09-23-2019, 12:18 PM   #6
Dan Lockwood

I know this is years old, but it may spark someone's memory.

I have a '12 Raptor with flush "puck" style ceiling lights. They have a two pin tiny bulb. One was out when we bought the rig and the guy during the PDI swapped a new bulb into the base for us. There were several extras in a drawer in the kitchen.

So when the wife asked me to take the covers off to clean out the bugs etc and she wanted to wash them, I tried to spin them like we did for the new bulb replacement.

When I did it the whole light was spinning in the ceiling. So while at Camping World yesterday, the parts guy showed me what I probably have and why it may be spinning.

Here's what I saw yesterday.

Sorry for the large picture, but had to hack it off the Internet and it's too large.

So what I "think" I have are these. They held in with the spring loaded side levers. I feel that I'm spinning the entire fixture.

If this is the case, they said that I can just pull down on the side of the lens and it should come down and out of the ceiling.

Anyone have any person experience with what Keystone uses in the '12 era?

Thanks, Dan
'09 Harley CVO Road Glide
'76 Harley FLH Shovelhead
Dan Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:06 PM   #7
travelin texans

My '13 Redwood had the same looking glass lens on them but not mounted that way, once lens removed they had 3 screws into the ceiling holding the fixture. The lens was removed with a 1/4 turn counter clockwise but some were very tight & some they had cut the holes too big with nearly no wood for the screws to bite into & the entire thing pulled out. Had to glue some scrap pieces of plywood in the attic to replace the fixture screws.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:47 AM   #8
Dan Lockwood

Danny, thanks.

I think we'll be going to the storage lot this weekend to do some minor maintenance on the RV and I'll try to get the lights out.
'09 Harley CVO Road Glide
'76 Harley FLH Shovelhead
Dan Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote