Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2018, 10:12 AM   #1
TOMWINKLER

FZ322 Cable TV Wiring

I have a 2009 FZ322 purchased about a year ago. I have not been able to get the crank up antenna to work with the TV's. I thought maybe it was not digital so I purchased a new one, still no good. Talked to previous owner, he was not able to get it functional either. I placed a coax tester on each of the wall jacks, one in the toy hauler area, one on each of the two unlabeled jacks behind the large TV, and one behind the bedroom TV. I disconnected the antenna and the tester showed open circuit to each of the 4 locations, (no connection) There are two connectors on the side of the RV for hooking up, one labeled satellite one unlabeled. The satellite labeled connector is continuous to one of the jacks behind the main tv. The other connector on the outside is not connected to any of the 4 jacks inside the RV. I have searched far and wide for the splitters to no avail. I have taken off all 4 jack wall plates..... not anything behind. There is not any booster or buttons for booster that I have found. I ran a coax from the antenna thru a window direct to a TV and picked up stations.

Anyone have any ideas where they might have hidden the splitter? Thanks for your help.
TOMWINKLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #2
travelin texans

The cable from the antenna & the cable from the cable connection outside both connect to the back of the antenna booster plate & from there go to the "in" on a splitter hidden somewhere. Mine was in the ceiling near the bedroom tv & found by removing a ceiling light fixture. The splitter was also connected wrong with the "in" connected to an "out".
Once you've figured out the cable connections you need the booster "on" for antenna & "off" for cable, go the tv menu to find settings & set to desired input, antenna or cable, & scan the channels, this has to be done every time you move the rv or switch inputs.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 04:38 AM   #3
TOMWINKLER

Thanks,
Have not found an antenna booster plate, all 4 are just regular jacks with no booster. I will see if I can find the splitter in the ceiling below the antenna.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:22 AM   #4
travelin texans

You WILL have an antenna booster somewhere. It may be hidden in a cabinet somewhere or behind one of the tvs, my bedroom tv is connected directly to the booster. It looks like a cigarette lighter plug with a small button on the the plate, when you press the small button the small led light will either light up up or go off, on mine when it is lit green its "on".
You will need to find the booster as I stated that's a good place to start tracing cables. On mine the cable from the antenna to the booster is white, from the cable connection outside to the booster is gray if I recall & black from the booster to the splitter. All of the satellite cables are orange.
Here's what the booster looks like front & back (may be black)
Click image for larger version

Name:	24-0450-2T.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	15901
As I mentioned the 3 connections on the back, 1 from antenns, 1 from cable outside & 3rd to the splitter.
Replacement undetermined
Old 04-06-2018, 11:18 AM   #5
TOMWINKLER

New to this, think I am pushing the wrong reply button and it erases my reply.

I found the splitter! It is in the back of the wardrobe at the front of the RV.
I tested the cable from the antenna and it is good.
The splitter seems to be bad as the jack in the front of the splitter and all other jacks do not work with the cable reconnected and with the green light on or off. I can see some corrosion on some of the electrical components. Ordered a Wineguard Sensorpro to replace it. Thanks so much for your help!!
Old 04-06-2018, 01:03 PM   #6
TOMWINKLER

Cleaned up the splitter and am getting 40 channels on all TV's.

Wife will be happy!

For awhile
Old 04-07-2018, 04:27 AM   #7
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Good for you (and DW)! I love it when persistence pays off.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:46 AM   #8
travelin texans

You found a splitter or the booster? I wouldn't of thought a splitter would be visible in the closet.
Glad you got it going!
Replacement undetermined

Tags
cable, wiring