Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2015, 03:10 PM   #1
CWO_ret

Smile New 2015 Laredo Satellite/TV Connections

Bought a new Laredo 322RL several weeks ago. The maiden voyage is planned for Czhilispiel 43 in Flatonia, TX next weekend. Upgraded from a Passport Elite 23RB.

I have been trying to sort the satellite prep connections. The bedroom is directly wired for satellite from the outside connection and my Dish system works well. The TV antenna jacks in the BR & LR work good. However, can't determine what the 2nd jack in the living room is for or where/if it ties into the system.

Can anyone assit with this?

All the best.

2017 Ford F-350 FX4 6.7L PSD
2019 Keystone Montana 3121RL
CWO_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:18 AM   #2
CWO_ret

Found the Cabling Problem

Found the problem of my satellite cable to the living room. While searching for a 12VDC power source for a new Dometic A/C installation in the bedroom, I first looked in the corner of the ceiling where the ant/cable switch/amp is located. What a cabling mess! Found that Keystone placed a cable splitter in the satellite cable. Luckily, Keystone did use a different color cable for each system, which did make cable identification easier. Plan to add a better cable/switch/patch management system to increase versatility at a later date. Now, if I want to place the Dish receiver in the living room, only a short jumper is necessary. Posting several pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Post1.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	9985   Click image for larger version

Name:	Post2.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	9986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Post3.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	9987   Click image for larger version

Name:	Post4.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	9988   Click image for larger version

Name:	Post5.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	9989  

Old 06-06-2016, 04:48 PM   #3
collins590

Installed satellite tv at my trailer last weekend but had to run the cable from the dish dirrectly to the receiver as I could figure out the wiring to the living room tv. I have a 2015 sprinter, similar to the Laredo in looks anyways. In the bedroom I have a one plate with two coax connectors and the antenna booster switch on it as well, and in the living room I have 2 separate plates, one on bottom that was already plugged into the tv and the top one I can't figure out. Haven't had the chance to dig too deep into it but any insight or help would be great. I only tried plugging into the satellite prep on the back and into the upper coax in the living room but I have a feeling I have to jump out something in the bedroom now.
collins590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:36 AM   #4
Leatherneck

I'll be digging into mine too. I hooked up an external antenna that I got 16 channels on in my old trailer and I couldn't get it to work with my 2015 Laredo. I only get 2 choppy channels with the trailer antenna because we are in an isolated area. My external antenna is telling me it is receiving so it has to be something internal.
Leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:18 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

The bedroom plate with the booster should be: center outlet is for antenna/park cable.

The family room should be: outlet hooked to tv is antenna/park cable. The other plate should be Sat.

Outside, do you have two separate Sat in ports?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 02:34 PM   #6
collins590

I have two connectors on the back of the trailer, one is labeled satellite prep. I don't get any signal to my receiver when plugged into the satellite prep on the outside and either connector behind my tv.
collins590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #7
CWO_ret

My guess is that Keystone placed a splitter somewhere along the satellite prep cable path. The splitter should be close to one of the cable ends where it is accessible. I found my splitter in the overhead of the bedroom. It will take some digging to locate. I was frustrated for months on this problem until I found the wad of cable in the ceiling along with the splitter.

The other problem that I found later but did not comment on was the poor quality of F Type connectors used on the RG6 cables. The RG6 is not premium grade cable, but worse is the connectors installed by the factory. I replaced the F Type connectors which helped with the gain of received satellite signal. Got a pack of connectors and crimper tool at Lowes. I want to install new cable but finding an accessible pathway can be a challenge.

Hope this helps.