Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2014, 07:42 PM   #1
Jeff and Rita

Planning a Trip to Panama City Florida

Anyone have suggestions on good RV campgrounds to stay ? Also How are the roads going into the City.... we will be coming from IH 10 from Louisiana. Any input is appreciated.
Jeff and Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
Hansel

My brother lives in Lynn Haven which is on the north side of Panama City, and he said St. Andrews State Park is really popular, so for the New Years holidays we are staying there for a small family get together. From the pictures it looks really nice, I haven't read any reviews but I will bet it might get loud with the Tyndall Air Force base right in the same area, but for me and my kids we love the sound of our military air power

Panama City beach is really nice, and there is plenty of shopping and water parks, and other things too keep everyone happy.

The roads I travel down is US-231 because we are in Georgia, and it's smooth and flat, so it's a easy tow. I can't speak for the roads coming from the west
2003 F-350 CCDRW 2X4 7.3L Powerstroke
Hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:58 AM   #3
wowchad

Been going there for four years, well this year we stayed at Camp Gulf near Destin but St Andrews is really nice...IF you can get in.
We stayed at Campers Inn for three years because it was cheap and St Andrews was always booked up. It's OK but RIGHT in the middle of everything so it can get loud and stay loud pretty late. Our teenagers loved it though, but now that stayed RIGHT ON THE BEACH at Camp Gulf I doubt we'll ever go back.
2009 LOFT -HOPEFULLY-
wowchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:14 AM   #4
Drew Waller

Camping at PC

One of my most favorite places! There was a camping area right on the beach in Panama City? I haven't been there for a few years so it may be gone. It was great. I'll see if I can find the name for you.

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 3500
Duramax/Allison Tran.
2013 Raptor 332 Toy Hauler
TrailAir Tri-Glide
2 Honda ATV's for climbing
mountains & getting muddy.
Traveling Partners: Dozer & Zeus
Drew Waller is offline   Reply With Quote