Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2022, 04:28 PM   #1
tcmiller

Advice About Painting Passport Fascia

e have a 29.5 ft 2020 Passport with the big black fiberglass cover in front where the bedroom is. When it is hot outside and in the sun, that thing draws a lot of heat making the bedroom warm and the cupboards extremely warm. Enough that we can’t store anything in them that could be affected by heat.

We’ve considered getting it painted silver or another light color that will look good with the trailer and hopefully keep it cooler. Has anyone tried that?
tcmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 04:34 PM   #2
jasin1

maybe get it wrapped …the front only….auto wraps can be put on and then removed if you sell it
Old 07-24-2022, 06:01 PM   #3
Mikendebbie

A wrap? A paint job? I’m skeptical that you will make things better. Both of those ideas are BIG BUCKS…and it may not yield the desired outcome.
DW suggested lining the cupboards and cabinets you are concerned about with reflectix or maybe some styrofoam panels…again, lotta work for questionable gain.

OR just carry a couple more large YETI coolers inside the unit and put the stuff you are worried about in the coolers. We are in TX and we don’t worry about such things. Canned goods, corn flakes and pasta are happy in the hot cabinets…everything else is in the fridge or coolers.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 07:42 AM   #4
CampNBrew2

Lightening the color of your cap will definitely make a difference. Bright white, silver or even a light tan depending on your color scheme. Anything is better than black. Any body shop should be able to paint the nose for you, but likely not cheap.
There is likely scant insulation between the nose and the inside- like most trailers. I agree with the idea of insulating the inside where applicable.
2015 Honda CRF250L (Wifes)
Camping, home brewing, and dirt bikes!
CampNBrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 04:51 PM   #5
Alpine

Next time you are in a parking lot with cars on a sunny day... lay your hand on a white car, a black car, and a silver car. You will find that a silver car is pert-near as hot as the black one!

As to having your cap painted it is not cheap... unless you get a "cheap" job done. I had mine painted this spring because the decal was starting to fade and crack. I checked out references and looked at this guys work!

He matched the white and also matched two of the original decal colors... and three coats of clear coat. He scraped off the huge decal, sanded, primed... etc. etc. Did I mentioned he came to me... so no time lost without our home.

How much? $2400.00.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpine2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	41255  

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote