Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2022, 08:53 AM   #1
gearhead

Well, I got it..

After both Moderna vaccines and the booster, I got COVID. Last night I was really sick, heavy deep cough, very disoriented, sweating profusely or I peed on myself, lots of gas out of both ends, and a headache. This morning Betty got out her stash of at home COVID tests and our daughter came over to tell me how to do it. Yep positive.
So, quarantine in the bedroom for 5 days.
I feel a lot better today.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 09:27 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Sorry to hear about your quarantine, but I find it FUNNY (not) that in the beginning the masses were told to VACCINATE- YOU WONT GET IT!!!

for the record I am NOT nor will I willingly be vaxed. Lots of public figures have been in your shoes.....Makes one wonder

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 10:19 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Brent hopefully the symptoms go away quickly. I'm not sure of the benefit of the vaccinations. My daughter currently has covid (vaccinations and booster) and is feeling better (3rd day). Her daughter tested positive for covid (unvaccinated) and has no symptoms but can't go to work (DD works from home). DS has covid (vaccinated) and has to quarantine (he had a plethora of issues to go with the covid).

When this all started with "covid" and all the edicts, mandates, forced vaccinations etc. I told DW that it wouldn't stop now that it had been done. Well, we're now on our umpteenth "covid" variant and they just keep coming. Hang in there, consider it the flu, get well and get back to normal.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 10:29 AM   #4
wiredgeorge

As I recall, the goobermint claimed the vaccine was 97 percent effective. Must be just bad luck if you caught the china-flu and are in that unlucky 3 percent. Brent must have not been wearing his mask! Anyway, thanks for the detailed description of your malady and hope you are back up and around soon!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 10:34 AM   #5
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Sorry to hear about your quarantine, but I find it FUNNY (not) that in the beginning the masses were told to VACCINATE- YOU WONT GET IT!!!

for the record I am NOT nor will I willingly be vaxed. Lots of public figures have been in your shoes.....Makes one wonder
Well, as one with a strong immune system I still got Vader and boosted. I have had some symptoms from time to time, never got tested as never felt bad. They never said vaxwas perfect just greatly reduce chances of getting it, or reduce effects.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 10:51 AM   #6
aaron_huber

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post

The vaccines were never expected to prevent everyone from getting the virus. Since the coronavirus was "novel" (new to humans, so no one had any immunity to it whatsoever), the initial round of infections were obviously deadly to a lot of people. The vaccine was to get some level of immunity to as many people as possible as quickly as possible with hopefully fewer deaths than if we did nothing, and by that standard they seem to have been effective. Fun fact - the virus itself doesn't kill you, your body's immune system overreacting to the virus because it has no idea what it is does.

By now, pretty much everyone has been exposed and most people (if you aren't immune compromised) have some level of immunity, and now it will be just like the flu. The virus will mutate constantly, we'll need new vaccines every year, and life will go on. Lots of people that get the flu vaccine every year still get the flu. The point is to reduce the rate and severity, not eliminate the risk of getting infected to zero.

The fact that he feels better today instead of being in the ICU means the vaccine did exactly what it was supposed to do, not that it didn't work. If you didn't get vaccinated and are still alive, then you were one of the lucky ones who's body was able to handle the virus and develop immunity without killing you.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:18 AM   #7
travelin texans

Have yet to understand why those that feel bad also feel the need to be tested for Covid?
IMHO from now on any type of virus you may catch, whether it be the flu or common cold or a hang nail, you'll test positive. Whether + or - the treatment is the same, stay in bed, take medication for the symptoms, drink lots of fluids & avoid others, the difference being you can now say "I have Covid!". Baring any other underlying conditions you'll be feeling fine in 36-48 hours.
We've both had both vaccinations + the booster & if we feel bad the last thing I intend to do is run out & buy a test kit cause it'll test positive 99.99% of the time!
I'll becso glad when this Covid BS is just a very bad memory! It's ruined many a businesses & families that owned them & all but crippled this country due to the overreaction of everyone involved.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 01:25 PM   #8
gearhead

I don't know if we bought the tests or the g'ment just sent them to us on request.
I was around our grandson a good bit Friday and Saturday. When we told our daughter in law about me, she tested him. Negative.
I'm feeling not too bad this afternoon. Wallerin around in bed and watching the NASCAR race.
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
Old 07-03-2022, 01:48 PM   #9
bsmith0404

We had a friend that we spent the entire day with test positive the next day, my wife and I have never had it. We’ve had symptoms and tested negative. I guess we get tested because we want to know if we have to stay home for 5 days, if we can infect our grandchildren or others. We haven’t been vaccinated, but will probably have to at the end of the year since we’re taking a cruise in Feb and right now they mandate it.

How you don’t have lingering effects.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 01:58 PM   #10
Javi

Tested positive after a co-worker came down with it. Never felt sick, no symptoms whatsoever. After testing positive once a week for three weeks the owners decided that I didn't have to test negative before returning to work.
Old 07-03-2022, 02:03 PM   #11
bsmith0404

They get the tests back too quickly now. Getting tested and needing a net result before returning to work was a great way to get 3 days off to go camping

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 02:49 PM   #12
gearhead

^^First thing my son said.. "Hey I need to call work, I've been exposed."
Two of our 4 grandkids tested positive with none, or very mild, symptoms last year.
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
Old 07-03-2022, 03:18 PM   #13
firestation12

Wife and I made it a full year without getting Covid in 2020. The 6 sons, their wives and 27 grand children came over every Sunday for a family dinner during 2020. In January 2021 just before we became eligible for vaccine, we both got Covid and had symptoms for 2+ weeks. Feb 2021 we took the first Moderna vac and in March got the 2nd vac. No booster since. The day after each vac, we both felt the same as when the Covid symptoms peaked. This lasted for 2 days. In retrospect, I wouldn't get the vaccine. There seems to be a lot of information come forth of complications and risks related to the vaccines as well as mis-information about the function of how the covid works and effective alternative pharmaceutical interventions available. The voices of many persons with expertise in virology seems to have been suppressed. Nationally this was a very divisive time in our history.
Retired Fire Capt/paramedic 34 yrs
Current owner 2 HVAC companies
Past owner Res/Com electrical
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 03:49 PM   #14
wiredgeorge

The great thing about the china-flu is that is seems no one gets a regular cold or the flu anymore. It is my understanding that the most popular Covid test couldn't differentiate between a common cold and Covid as both are related in the SARS family of bugs.

I think much of the problem with the pandemic was the confusing and conflicting information spewed out by the CDC and other groups that didn't seem to be harmed by their noses growing as they made misleading information the norm.
Old 07-03-2022, 04:50 PM   #15
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
The great thing about the china-flu is that is seems no one gets a regular cold or the flu anymore. It is my understanding that the most popular Covid test couldn't differentiate between a common cold and Covid as both are related in the SARS family of bugs.

I think much of the problem with the pandemic was the confusing and conflicting information spewed out by the CDC and other groups that didn't seem to be harmed by their noses growing as they made misleading information the norm.

^^^^And that assessment would be correct. As far as those home tests I was reading the other day that their inaccuracy rate is large. It makes no matter though, if you get one that says you're positive you get free time off whether you're sick or not. I know one person who tested positive, took a week(2?) off (mandated), went to work....worked 2 days or something like that then tested positive took another week? off etc. etc.(that individual loved the tests and couldn't wait to take another one to get off). Some folks are using the faulty tests to literally just get paid time off but the unfortunate side of that is that some are forced to stay home and don't get paid. At this point it's just a ruse IMO...with everything that has happened, the tests, the millions of vaccinations and herd immunity we now only have the "flu". JMO YMMV.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 04:54 PM   #16
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
^^^^And that assessment would be correct. As far as those home tests I was reading the other day that their inaccuracy rate is large. It makes no matter though, if you get one that says you're positive you get free time off whether you're sick or not. I know one person who tested positive, took a week(2?) off (mandated), went to work....worked 2 days or something like that then tested positive took another week? off etc. etc.(that individual loved the tests and couldn't wait to take another one to get off). Some folks are using the faulty tests to literally just get paid time off but the unfortunate side of that is that some are forced to stay home and don't get paid. At this point it's just a ruse IMO...with everything that has happened, the tests, the millions of vaccinations and herd immunity we now only have the "flu". JMO YMMV.
That’s about it in a nutshell.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 06:40 PM   #17
NH_Bulldog

Covid went through our house at the end of May. Our 9 year old brought it home from school. She was under the weather for about 24 hrs and then fine. My wife got it a few days later, and was sick for about 36 hours and then fine. About 10 days after my daughter, I tested positive but had zero symptoms. The only reason I knew was from the test I took as a precaution before visiting my elderly parents.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 07:35 PM   #18
wiredgeorge

I recall the gubber-mint was considering dolling out my tax dollars to folks who had some on-going covid related debilitating issues. I can't recall what the name of this problem was but to get the bucks you didn't even have to prove you ever had the china-flu. One of the issues were the symptom of being too tired to work. Imagine that.
Old 07-03-2022, 07:53 PM   #19
Bustinbeards

I had it the second week of august 2021. Mild Flu like symptoms for a few days, I lost my smell and taste and have never got it back. Still to this day no smell no taste.
Old 07-03-2022, 08:18 PM   #20
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustinbeards View Post
I had it the second week of august 2021. Mild Flu like symptoms for a few days, I lost my smell and taste and have never got it back. Still to this day no smell no taste.
Rob, Does that kill your appetite? My eye doctor told me it killed his sense of smell but it eventually came back.