Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2021, 07:01 PM   #181
Shredder

2019 Bullet 1750rk water damage by door

Well looks like I fell victim to this problem, the dealer did mention it was coming from the wheel wells and as I have not read all these posts yet but I see some of you are getting Keystone to repair, I am waiting for my dealer to get back after they took pictures, problem is I am out of my one year and they claim this isn't considered structural so not covered under 3 year structural warranty- WTF! I think I got screwed by my dealer and they said some Bullet's they had were sent back with this problem but supposedly my model was not the ones that had the issue. I think not!
Well wish me luck as I am not going down without a fight. I have only used the trailer 3 times so I believe I bought it like this, I know they did transfer it back and forth to their other store over 100 miles away- in the rain! I only drove it recently in the rain making it worst so I took it in.
Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 07:03 AM   #182
p3t3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
Well looks like I fell victim to this problem, the dealer did mention it was coming from the wheel wells and as I have not read all these posts yet but I see some of you are getting Keystone to repair, I am waiting for my dealer to get back after they took pictures, problem is I am out of my one year and they claim this isn't considered structural so not covered under 3 year structural warranty- WTF! I think I got screwed by my dealer and they said some Bullet's they had were sent back with this problem but supposedly my model was not the ones that had the issue. I think not!
Well wish me luck as I am not going down without a fight. I have only used the trailer 3 times so I believe I bought it like this, I know they did transfer it back and forth to their other store over 100 miles away- in the rain! I only drove it recently in the rain making it worst so I took it in.
You've got the right attitude - don't let the dealer steamroll you. You don't mention the year of your Bullet, but based on being within the 3 year structural warranty, I'm assuming 2019-ish. Our 2019 Sunset Trail was just repaired for this issue under the structural warranty (it was also outside the 1 year warranty). It only took about 5 weeks from authorization to delivery and we are very happy with the result with only a couple minor issues post-repair.

Good luck!
p3t3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 07:31 AM   #183
Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3t3 View Post
You've got the right attitude - don't let the dealer steamroll you. You don't mention the year of your Bullet, but based on being within the 3 year structural warranty, I'm assuming 2019-ish. Our 2019 Sunset Trail was just repaired for this issue under the structural warranty (it was also outside the 1 year warranty). It only took about 5 weeks from authorization to delivery and we are very happy with the result with only a couple minor issues post-repair.

Good luck!
That is great news, thank you. I did mention the year in the title:2019. The dealer told me the floor is not considered structural. Guess I have the wrong dealer. I hope I can get the floor repaired because the first thing I am going to do once repaired is rip out the dinette set and replace with a couch. The u-shaped dinette set is the most uncomfortable piece of furniture going! I also would like to know if my trailer has the new hyperdeck flooring, it sounds like it does not otherwise the floor wouldn't be so spongy from water damage. I hope if they repair it they replace the flooring with their hyperdeck.
Old 06-26-2021, 09:21 AM   #184
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
That is great news, thank you. I did mention the year in the title:2019. The dealer told me the floor is not considered structural. Guess I have the wrong dealer. I hope I can get the floor repaired because the first thing I am going to do once repaired is rip out the dinette set and replace with a couch. The u-shaped dinette set is the most uncomfortable piece of furniture going! I also would like to know if my trailer has the new hyperdeck flooring, it sounds like it does not otherwise the floor wouldn't be so spongy from water damage. I hope if they repair it they replace the flooring with their hyperdeck.

I would encourage you and everyone else to check your wheel well linings. If you have darco fabric in there COVER IT. If you have that fabric in the wheel wells and you travel much it is only when, not if, the fabric starts holding water against the bottom of the floor and ruins it. I've got all the pieces of uhmw cut to go on my MHC if I can ever get my eye surgeries done and healed.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 09:37 AM   #185
p3t3

Quote:
D'oh! So you did.

Yeah, what's covered by warranty is not up to the dealer. All they need to do is to document the issue and contact Keystone to get repairs authorized. This is a major repair and pickup would be arranged between you and Keystone. Keystone brings it to Indiana for repair and then deliver it back to the dealer for a clean-up before getting it back to you. Aside from that, the dealer is not really in the picture.

My 2019 did not originally have the new HyperDeck flooring but that's what they replaced it with, so this sort of thing should never happen again.
Old 06-26-2021, 11:51 AM   #186
Summergirl

Your dealer is not working for you.
Contact keystone yourself. They will tell you that you need to take it to the dealer but explain that you don’t trust your dealer to make the right documentation for the issue.
This is a known issue that they built 2 plants to fix the floors.
Yes the floor is covered by the three year warranty.
Ours was 2018 and it done under warranty and then you get one year on all the things they removed and replaced as well as a three year on the new floor.
Old 06-26-2021, 01:15 PM   #187
Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summergirl View Post
Your dealer is not working for you.
Contact keystone yourself. They will tell you that you need to take it to the dealer but explain that you don’t trust your dealer to make the right documentation for the issue.
This is a known issue that they built 2 plants to fix the floors.
Yes the floor is covered by the three year warranty.
Ours was 2018 and it done under warranty and then you get one year on all the things they removed and replaced as well as a three year on the new floor.
Thank you all for the advise, I will contact Keystone on Monday.
Old 07-02-2021, 02:31 PM   #188
Shredder

Quote:
Thank you all for the advise, I will contact Keystone on Monday.
So I contacted Keystone and the lady was very pleasant and told me it was pending more information. What does that mean- she said they needed better pictures. I then contacted my dealer and they looked up their response and it said they wanted an L shape cut in the darco, I seen the size of the cut they made and it looked fine by me. The dealer was kind enough to come to my location, about 30minutes away and did the cut and I also took pictures. Within a day Keystone contacted me and said they approve the warranty repair and someone will be contacting me in about a week to make arrangements to pick up it up, within a few days Keystone contacted me and said they will pick it up the week of 8/2, she also mentioned the flooring will be replaced with the new hyperdeck material and would take 4-6 weeks. I hope so since I have a reservation for Shenandoah in October.
I am impressed! Now lets see it they follow through.. more to come.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0252.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	34437
Old 07-02-2021, 02:58 PM   #189
kfp673

Quote:
So I contacted Keystone and the lady was very pleasant and told me it was pending more information. What does that mean- she said they needed better pictures. I then contacted my dealer and they looked up their response and it said they wanted an L shape cut in the darco, I seen the size of the cut they made and it looked fine by me. The dealer was kind enough to come to my location, about 30minutes away and did the cut and I also took pictures. Within a day Keystone contacted me and said they approve the warranty repair and someone will be contacting me in about a week to make arrangements to pick up it up, within a few days Keystone contacted me and said they will pick it up the week of 8/2, she also mentioned the flooring will be replaced with the new hyperdeck material and would take 4-6 weeks. I hope so since I have a reservation for Shenandoah in October.
I am impressed! Now lets see it they follow through.. more to come.
Attachment 34437
Good, glad they agreed. Mine and most of our experiences have been the same at the point you are at right now. Same with after the fact as well. Their customer phone support and email support is very good. It’s the quality of work that has been awful. When I tell you to look at everything very close when it comes back I can’t stress that enough. My list ended up 35 items. It has been in 2 times for 3 days each and still needs another full week at the dealer to fix everything the factor broke. You don’t have much choice since the floor will just get worse but just look at it very very closely and go over it with the service department at your dealer and be prepared to do some major repairs after the factory repairs.
kfp673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 04:38 PM   #190
Shredder

What type of major repairs are you talking about? What should I look for? You've got me worried now. I received a nice email from them and this is what they quoted uring your Factory Service appointment you are in good hands, as we have made significant investments in our facilities, tools, equipment and we employ over 60 RVDA/RVIA Master/Certified technicians to assure we can handle even the most challenging situations, in the best ways possible. . When was yours repaired?
Old 07-02-2021, 07:33 PM   #191
wiredgeorge

Shredder, the first thing that happens during construction is to set the floor on the frame. Then EVERYTHING goes on top. What you will watch for plumbing, electrical, heck! EVERYTHING. Based on comments by others who have gone through this process "RVDA/RVIA Master/Certified technicians" might be a stretch. Just go through things and put your dealer on the hook to make all needed repairs when the trailer comes back. Best case you will have your camper back in Sept and an Oct camping trip may not work depending on the scope of fixes needed upon return.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 03:20 AM   #192
kfp673

Quote:
What type of major repairs are you talking about? What should I look for? You've got me worried now. I received a nice email from them and this is what they quoted uring your Factory Service appointment you are in good hands, as we have made significant investments in our facilities, tools, equipment and we employ over 60 RVDA/RVIA Master/Certified technicians to assure we can handle even the most challenging situations, in the best ways possible. . When was yours repaired?
Not trying to scare you just encourage you to look at every detail. Mine was done over this past winter. Hopefully they have gotten much better at it and maybe don’t have as many backed up? What it came down to for me and many others is the floor replacement itself was done well. Putting everything back to get was a disaster. They took very little care to put things back correctly, without damage, etc. almost like they are saying “who cares, the dealer will fix it”. Good news is they put a one year warranty on everything they touch so I have not had any issues at all getting these things covered, but yes, they did a very very poor job and cut every corner and possibly created a few new corners to cut that they could. Fingers crossed you will not have those issues. I’m sure it all depends on the individuals that get your particular unit. The letter you got is interesting. I know they are well aware that most of their work was bad. It’s possible that over the last year Covid caused a worker shortage etc and me and the others times this poorly. Certainly possible they now have better tools and more workers. just look closely and make a detailed list when it comes back
kfp673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 06:39 AM   #193
Summergirl

Quote:
Shredder,

Take lots of picture of inside and outside of your unit. I made videos of every nook and cranny.
We were fortunate that ours came back with very few deficiencies. Most I was able to fix self as they were very minor and not worth leaving it at the dealer for weeks to fix.
They actually corrected some things that were wrong before it went there.
They replaced a tire that was going bad.
Have since gave us one money to replace the stinky domectic 300 toilet that I complained about before going in.
Old 07-15-2021, 02:07 PM   #194
p3t3

Quote:
My 2019 Sunset Trail 289QB went in earlier this year for floor replacement (under the structural warranty). The whole process was surprisingly smooth, from warranty approval, to pickup, to repair time, and delivery back to my dealer. Was everything perfect? No. Keystone dinged a window frame and scraped-up one of the decals but both of these things are being fixed under warranty. Otherwise mine came back with two issues I had addressed before I accepted the unit: 1) Under the front cap they hadn't sealed at all. Pretty remarkable really. If I hadn't caught it, it would have gotten exposed luan and insulation completely drenched the first time I towed in the rain. 2) Also under the unit - they hadn't foam sealed where the propane line comes out of the enclosed underbelly, so it would have been a mouse highway. Both items were easily dealt with by the dealer though.

So despite a couple issues, I'm happy with the process and feel Keystone did a good job standing behind their product and making right something that shouldn't have happened in the first place.
Old 07-16-2021, 04:31 PM   #195
Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3t3 View Post
My 2019 Sunset Trail 289QB went in earlier this year for floor replacement (under the structural warranty). The whole process was surprisingly smooth, from warranty approval, to pickup, to repair time, and delivery back to my dealer. Was everything perfect? No. Keystone dinged a window frame and scraped-up one of the decals but both of these things are being fixed under warranty. Otherwise mine came back with two issues I had addressed before I accepted the unit: 1) Under the front cap they hadn't sealed at all. Pretty remarkable really. If I hadn't caught it, it would have gotten exposed luan and insulation completely drenched the first time I towed in the rain. 2) Also under the unit - they hadn't foam sealed where the propane line comes out of the enclosed underbelly, so it would have been a mouse highway. Both items were easily dealt with by the dealer though.

So despite a couple issues, I'm happy with the process and feel Keystone did a good job standing behind their product and making right something that shouldn't have happened in the first place.
That's good news overall, thank you. By the way, did the dealer spot those problems or did you have to point them out to them?
Old 07-17-2021, 05:31 AM   #196
p3t3

Quote:
That's good news overall, thank you. By the way, did the dealer spot those problems or did you have to point them out to them?
They found a couple of the more obvious ones but I caught the stuff underneath the unit. To be fair, I came and did my inspection before the dealer had a chance to go through it. Also, Keystone only gives the dealer a small amount of time for some clean-up, not really a thorough inspection.
Old 08-01-2021, 08:06 AM   #197
LCrabtree

Message?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo57 View Post
Been there done that! I would check very carefully for other leaks. I don't know about you but the number of times I tow in the rain is pretty small. Any water intrusion would be probably be small and I think it would have a chance to dry up.

All of the water damage I've seen is from above and it does get trapped in the floor. It stays wet because a leak from above is a steady source of moisture while a leak from underneath would only happen if you are towing in the rain.

Good luck on your repairs. I replaced mine with plywood and sealed it well. Then put down some vinyl planking flooring. Much nicer and sturdier.
Steve, do you have an email that I can send you a message. I have a question about spongy floor and potential repair options.

Thanks,

Larry
LCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:48 AM   #198
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCrabtree View Post
Steve, do you have an email that I can send you a message. I have a question about spongy floor and potential repair options.

Thanks,

Larry
Click on the name in a post then click on "send a private message".
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 10:32 AM   #199
Shredder

Trailer on way back from Mfg.

My trailer which is a 2019 bullet 1750rk 20ft, was picked up my transport company from my driveway August 2nd, received an email August 6th that it arrived safely. Received a call September 17th that it has been repaired, floor replaced and any items associated with water damage replaced although they didn't specify what was replaced, they did say they replaced the door seal which was the cause and realigned the door. I mentioned to them there was a bubble on the slide out roof and that was patched. I am guessing since my trailer is so small that it was a fairly easy job for them compared to most. Not bad, only 6 weeks and that was during labor day week also. it now takes 7-10 days to get to the dealer. I am now waiting to see what, if any , items needing repaired by dealer. Over all, I am pleased with the way my warranty process has gone with Keystone.
Old 07-17-2022, 08:31 PM   #200
Pearson

Lawsuit

Does anyone think a lawsuit can be pursued over the lame floor construction problems so many owner's are having?
Quote:
Originally Posted by danf View Post
I've got to call Keystone and the dealer again to see what they say about warranty. The trailer is a 2016. They probably will just laugh at me and tell me to go away. Then I was going to see how much it would cost to get the floor fixed and evaluate whether to keep it. The entire floor needs to be redone. If it's too much money then I will either scrap it or fix it myself. Unbelievable for a 2016.

If I have to do it myself, my plan was to start at the back. It's a rear kitchen. I think I can take out most of the kitchen leaving the fridge. So that means the heater, the stove, the fuse panel/charger has to come out. I think I could prop up the fridge cabinet so I don't have to remove it. Get that area fixed and put back in place and then do the middle up to the bathroom. There is a slide here so I'm hoping I can fix the flooring without removing it maybe from underneath. Once that is fixed, take out the bathroom and bed frame and replace the floor in the rest of the camper. The front seems firmer, but I really don't know how bad it is up there yet. I need to take off the coroplast.

For a fix I was going to add a whole bunch of new aluminum frame members and lay marine 1/4 plywood. I can't go thicker because of the slide unless there is some play that allows me to go to 3/8 or 1/2 inch. The top seals might allow another 1/8 or 1/4. I don't know how the top of the slide is constructed. It looks like there is an inside and outside rubber seal and nothing else. I might have to move the cables.

I've also thought about using sheet metal instead of wood. I'm debating what to do in the frame voids and underneath. I'm not seeing any real reason to have a bottom sheet of wood.

The other thing is I'm trying to figure out how exactly the walls are attached. Looks like the floor sandwich sits on the trailer frame. With the bottom layer of wood rotted, that means I'm going to have to shim between the trailer frame and the aluminum floor frame. Similarly, it looks like the walls sit on top of the floor including top layer of (now rotted) wood. I'll have to shim the walls too or try to insert the new flooring under the walls.

A lot of work for a 3 year old trailer. I'm apprehensive about putting money in it, since the rest of it is built just as bad. If I do it myself, it's mostly just labor and time (that I don't have).
Pearson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, floor