Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2010, 05:53 AM   #1
pirates55

Getting Parts

I have a 2004 Keystone Springdale. I just bought it used and it has a few little things that I need to repair.

All of which I have taken care of but the fan in the bathroom is being a pain. The motor works fine but I can't seem to find a fan that will fit it. All the replacement fans have a larger diameter hole in them.

Do you guys know of a good place to buy parts that will actually fit. The local RV store has no clue and they say they are a keystone dealer. Seems like every part I buy from them don't fit it.
pirates55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:20 AM   #2
campingcpl

You might want to check this place out. I know they have a couple of buildings and sometimes have used parts for older trailers. If you don't find what you are looking for on their web site I would try giving them a call. I hope this helps you out.
http://www.rvsurplus.net/

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

The vent manufacturer's name and model # should be on the inside of the curb somewhere. It is most likely a Ventline product. http://www.americanrvcompany.com/Ven...rts_c_200.html Might have what you need. Good luck, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
GBHRPS

I had my vent fan blades destroy themselves during our last trip and bought a replacement fan at a local dealership. It too had the larger diameter hole for the motor shaft.

I made it fit by taking a 1/8 inch roll pin cut to length and modifying it. I forced the roll pin open (to fit the smaller diameter motor shaft), and then ground down the open split of the pin with my bench grinder.

With some fiddling I got the roll pin onto the motor shaft and forced the new fan blade onto it.

Its worked perfectly ever since.

Gene
GBHRPS is offline   Reply With Quote