Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
Eddie

Exclamation Water Damage has lowered side wall and the slide has dropped down about 3 inches.

I have a Zeppelin 241 and I must have a had water entering into the floor somehow. Now the floor has started to lower and the Ceiling corners are starting to open and the slide has dropped down with the sagging floor so much that it won't go out over the box along the bottom of wall. I have sealed all the areas that the water may have found its way in but I have no idea if the damage that has occurred can be repaired. I have taken the greatest care of this camper and can't believe that something like this could have happened??? I don't know how Keystone could have designed the flooring without the support beams going the full width across the bottom of the camper to keep support in situations like this but I feel that is a poor design. If anyone at all can give me some advice or recommend a really good repair company in the New York area it would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Ed
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:50 AM   #2
antiqfreq

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Did you buy your camper from a local dealer that you can contact?

Or there are no Keystone dealers in your area to phone?

Keep us informed of your progress....

Jo

ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
Seann
Permanent User Ban

Sorry to say but you bought a Zeppelin.. I had the Z281 no floor bracing on it either...
For the water leaks check the roof.. on your hands and knees.. seal every little crack in the caulking... that is where most water gets in from.... You may have to redeck the trailer.. that will cost more than it is worth.. but can be done.
Seann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:05 AM   #4
Eddie

Thanks for your responses

I bought the camper from a dealer in Conn. about 4 hours away. How much do you think it would cost to repair the floor. I don't think they would have to redeck the whole floor?
Thanks again for your help.
Sincerely,
Ed
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flooring repairs, slide repairs, water damage