Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
GBHRPS

Silencing Water Pump

The water pump has always been noisy since the purchase of this trailer. By that I mean it runs perfectly normal, but because of how its mounted (I suspect) its using the surface its mounted to as a drum head which makes it quite noticeable from inside and outside of the trailer.

What I'd like to do is to isolate it from the hard surface its mounted to which should cure the noise. Anyone ever tackle this and have a solution, before I try to reinvent the wheel?

Gene
GBHRPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
bennydog

Gene

Our pump sits about 2 feet from my head where I sleep and if I knew how to link to it I would...I have a post in the Mods and Upgrades titled modes to plumbing part 1 that address this very issue and how I attacked it. All the parts came from the local mega hardware store and were way less costly then RV parts. There are 3 parts to the fix...a shock mount (home made) flex-able hoses between the pump and the plumping and a accumulator tank (like sits above your water heater). If you need more info let me know.

Bob

2010 Cougar 24RKS
2012 Dodge RAM 2500
6.7 Turbo
bennydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
GBHRPS

bennydog,

I recall a thread about adding an accumulator tank. I'd forgotten about what else was needed to do the mode. I'll search back and check it out. Thanks!

Gene
GBHRPS is offline   Reply With Quote