Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2022, 09:55 AM   #1
cajuncowboy654

2016 Fuzion In Command issues

So we have a 2016 Fuzion 425 with In Command.

Recently it seems our system is losing connection randomly and shutting off anything we are using at the time.

Hasn't done it in the first 4 years we have owned it.

Spoke with ACA customer service and they said this is normal for this system. Anyone else having this issue?

For something normal it's strange to me that it hasn't happened since we bought it in 2018.

He mentioned having the system upgraded to one that has a wired DC screen. Anyone done this or got a price to upgrade?

Thanks
cajuncowboy654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 02:17 PM   #2
ChuckS

The wired version would mean a complete new BCM and display. Lots of $$$$

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 02:32 PM   #3
cajuncowboy654

Yes ,I figured so just wondering if anyone has done it.

It's pretty frustrating that I would have to pay for that on a system that they readily admit is flawed.
Old 07-26-2022, 02:32 PM   #4
bsmith0404

Welcome to in-command. Before I spent money upgrading the system, I’d spend the money to eliminate it.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 02:36 PM   #5
cajuncowboy654

How would someone do that?

I
Old 07-26-2022, 02:44 PM   #6
bsmith0404

All of the wiring goes to the control board down in the pass through, you would need to determine what is what and run them to toggle switches on a control panel. Would be a bit of work, but if you could mount a “new” control panel for toggles switches on an interior wall, they’re hollow, just need to fish the wires up into the wall from the subfloor area.
Old 07-26-2022, 02:50 PM   #7
cajuncowboy654

I've studied the board and all the wiring is labeled so it wouldn't be overly difficult.

If I could get my hands on an updated system and install myself I would but they won't sell it me, has to go to a dealer.
Old 07-26-2022, 03:09 PM   #8
bsmith0404

The “upgraded” systems just have different problems. Several threads on here about people with problems with every version they’ve put out. Most with experience dealing with the system are not fans of them.
Old 07-26-2022, 03:15 PM   #9
cajuncowboy654

That's sad to hear, we have really enjoyed the system and the phone app in our 4 years of owning our rig.

This is our first issue.
Old 07-26-2022, 09:24 PM   #10
P & T

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuncowboy654 View Post
That's sad to hear, we have really enjoyed the system and the phone app in our 4 years of owning our rig.

This is our first issue.
My brand new Raptor is shutting off frequently and I just set up the app today. The app has been solid whereas the touch screen has been spotty. I figured it might be a firmware/bug thing, but I've been looking at a bypass toggle setup just to skip the touch (still use the app) and have peace of mind. I wasn't thrilled to have a touch only feature but I can work around that, I hope. I'll be calling the warranty folks when I get back from my trip. Good luck!
NV is home but SD is where I'll be.
P & T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 04:21 AM   #11
cajuncowboy654

Quote:
Originally Posted by P & T View Post
My brand new Raptor is shutting off frequently and I just set up the app today. The app has been solid whereas the touch screen has been spotty. I figured it might be a firmware/bug thing, but I've been looking at a bypass toggle setup just to skip the touch (still use the app) and have peace of mind. I wasn't thrilled to have a touch only feature but I can work around that, I hope. I'll be calling the warranty folks when I get back from my trip. Good luck!

Mine is the first generation so the touchscreen uses Bluetooth to connect to the BCM, my phone connect to the touchscreen via Bluetooth.

The issue I have is the touchscreen loses connection with the BCM so anything turned on gets shut off when this happens.

I'm being told by their customer service is the only remedy is and expensive upgrade or deal with it.

I'm gonna look into possibly adding a few switches for some things.

Just think it's crazy that they would admit their system is an issue knowingly and expect us to have to pay for the fix. That should be their bullet to take.
Old 07-27-2022, 05:27 AM   #12
ChuckS

Even the latest In Command version “Global Connect” version NSCP3 and NSCP35 owners are having issues.
Issues seen are ..
1. HVAC temp for a zone reads -F degrees
2. Issues with the slide outs showing “Short..system disabled”
3. Loss of control to one or more HVAC zones
4. Travel lockout enabled ( when no truck is connected to 7 way plug
5. Loss of control of one or more interior lighting zones
6. Water heater issues with turning on

These are being reported by Alpine and Montana owners

One could either build their own manual panel with switches and labels and then find a way to drag each set of feed wires from the existing BCM connections OR..

There are several decent multi switch wireless switch panels available .. the wires could be removed from BCM and attached to the wireless relays and mount those switches onto a nice panel of sorts.

The remote wireless switches are pretty reliable and would be easier to handle then trying to draw every wire from the BCM back inside to a central location for a full switch panel

There of course would be more cost for the wireless switches but it is a thought to ponder over

Old 07-27-2022, 06:07 AM   #13
flybouy
Site Team

"Just think it's crazy that they would admit their system is an issue knowingly and expect us to have to pay for the fix. That should be their bullet to take."

Do you honestly think it would be reasonable for them to pay for a device that's 7 yrs old and not purchased by the original owner? Seems like a stretch to me. If I owned a new or recent (under 3 yrs) I would be angered. That's just one of the reasons that I wouldn't buy a unit with that controller.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 06:43 AM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

The Cougar line had similar issues with the capacitive touch (glass screen) control panels around 2011-2014. The bottom row of "switches" would stop working, leaving the RV with slides that would not operate, lights that would not function, etc.

On those that were "in warranty" (1 year Keystone warranty/2 years ASA component warranty) dealers would replace the "glass screen component". After that, for a "short period of time" (likely more related to how loud the owner screamed than to anything else) Keystone and ASA would replace the glass panel "as a gesture of good will".....

There are still trailers in service today with these glass screens, a system with a "known problem" and those owners are, for the most part, "on their own if they have a problem"....

That said, my trailer has "old fashioned switches to control everything".... Those switches also have a "known problem with failure" as well.

Point is, everything mechanical has an "eventual failure pending"....

Question is, at what point does the manufacturer no longer have a responsibility to provide repairs/recalls based "not on safety" but on "responsibility for their design" ????

I wouldn't expect you'll get much help from Keystone or the product manufacturer on a 7 year old product. Certainly no "better support" than the Cougar owners with glass screen faiures through the past 10 years....

Yes, "history does repeat itself".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 11:24 AM   #15
Roper46

Quote:
Originally Posted by P & T View Post
Have you tried holding the power button on the display until the display restarts? Had to do this to mine a couple times.
6.7L I6 CTD with Air Suspension
6 Speed Automatic 68RFE Transmission
Roper46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 08:29 PM   #16
P & T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper46 View Post
Have you tried holding the power button on the display until the display restarts? Had to do this to mine a couple times.
Yes, I hold the power for about 5 seconds and then the screen blacks out. Then I press it again for about 4-5 seconds and it boots up. But I've had to do multiple times in a short period of time. I could see needing to do it once in a while, maybe. It's just annoying. Oh well.
NV is home but SD is where I'll be.
P & T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 01:57 AM   #17
ChuckS

The trouble with the early In Command systems that use BT is... All of the different items that are controlled via the BCM each have a circuit..

The NORMAL state of each of these circuits is (NO - normally open).. when the owner selects a function on the display.. such as LR lighting, water heater, water pump, etc the circuit is then completed (closed) and the lights, WH, etc function.

If the BT connection is lost then everything that was being used reverts back to the NO - normally open on the control circuits and things turn off..

Then they decided to hardwire using a CANBUS circuit.. and added in HVAC control...

Now the issue is further compounded with CANBUS, HVAC, etc... There isnt an owner out there with the newest Global connect system that isn't having quirky issues from time to time..

After nine years of use I have never had any of my panel mounted mechanical switches fail and turn off my lighting, WH, HVAC , etc..

While I do marvel and enjoy a lot of the new technology the ASA In Command, Lippert One Control, etc all have issues.. It seems that Lipperts One control system is less prone to issues

I do like what I see with Lipperts One control wiring and setup for the HVAC operation versus ASA jensen...

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001450.pdf

Also you can buy replacement parts for the system from Lippert... Such as a new display panel, etc.. But the parts are also expensive... $750 for a new 7 inch touch display

Old 07-28-2022, 04:41 AM   #18
flybouy
Site Team

Every computer/electrical component is outrageously priced. Our one nephew got angry and broke the screen the dashboard of his Hyundai a couple years back. The radio, or "infotainment center" has the back up camera, the hvac controls etc in the touch screen. That little outburst cost him a couple of grand.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 12:54 PM   #19
GeekSquadOfUn

I've had iN-Command for close to 4 years now on our 2019 Cougar 5th wheel and it's worked flawlessly. Never any issues.

Have you updated to the most recent version ?

https://in-command.net/control-systems/

Pick the correct version you have and you'll see the latest updates.

Good luck.
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.
GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 01:11 PM   #20
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSquadOfUn View Post
I've had iN-Command for close to 4 years now on our 2019 Cougar 5th wheel and it's worked flawlessly. Never any issues.

Have you updated to the most recent version ?

https://in-command.net/control-systems/

Pick the correct version you have and you'll see the latest updates.

Good luck.
I haven't had any issues with ours either. It's only been four months though. I did update to the latest MC version about a week ago and immediately noticed a difference. The entire system seems to be much faster than it was previously.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion