Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2022, 04:44 PM   #61
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
That was my experience. I lost 15 lbs. over COVID, just because nothing tasted like anything. To be fair, it was good for me, and even with the rest of the COVID, was still way less painful overall than dieting it off.
That’s what I’m experiencing now. I think I’m eating just because I know I should. I haven’t lost all my taste, just nothing really tastes that great. Kinda just don’t feel like eating that much. Of course, I think that also adds to the run down feeling as well.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 05:32 PM   #62
Badbart56

My wife and I got it in December of 2020. Both of us lost our sense of taste and smell. Mine came back slowly over the last year, hers, not so much, but it is somewhat better. Overall, it was much like a moderate case of the flu. It affected me a little worse than it did my wife. But you know how us men are, a cold is almost as painful and debilitating as childbirth is to a woman, right? We were off for two weeks so it wasn't an issue with us not working.

Many people urging us to get the vaccine afterwards. We believed our immune system would be stronger since we had already had it. Then in August of last year we got the "whatever" variant that was infecting everyone at the time. It was much like a common cold, nothing that really even slowed us down. Fortunately, as we are OTR truck drivers, we stay isolated from virtually everyone so it didn't keep us from working. Since it was so mild we thought our immune systems had helped us fight it off so we still did not get the vaccine.

A good friend of mine (my in law actually) back home went ahead and got the vaccine and followed it up with a booster shot. Eight days later he had a stroke while driving. Luckily he had one of his employees with him and he was able to get medical assistance. He had a blood clot in the brain. The man was younger than me, in great health, very active. His family is convinced the booster/vaccine was responsible. I had hoped he could overcome the effects of the stroke. He was a VERY strong willed man. If anyone could beat it I figured he could.

I spoke to another one of his employees a month ago (his son has taken over his father's two business's) and he told me they expect him to live out his last days in a nursing home.

Understand now, we deal primarily with pharmaceuticals and all things related to COVID, including the test kits. During a conversation with one of the companies we were at it was revealed that we would be hauling a load of test kits. At some point in our dialogue, we addressed the kits capability to identify COVID and were informed that the kits could identify a virus, which may be the flu, a cold, or COVID. It apparently does not differentiate.

We still believe these vaccines were rushed and we have no plans to get one. Don't get me wrong, do what you feel is best for you. But we do know that it doesn't stop the virus, nor does it prevent the spread. And there is some evidence that shows blood clots being a side affect. I'll take my chances, but YMMV.

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 07:33 PM   #63
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbart56 View Post
My wife and I got it in December of 2020. Both of us lost our sense of taste and smell. Mine came back slowly over the last year, hers, not so much, but it is somewhat better. Overall, it was much like a moderate case of the flu. It affected me a little worse than it did my wife. But you know how us men are, a cold is almost as painful and debilitating as childbirth is to a woman, right? We were off for two weeks so it wasn't an issue with us not working.

Many people urging us to get the vaccine afterwards. We believed our immune system would be stronger since we had already had it. Then in August of last year we got the "whatever" variant that was infecting everyone at the time. It was much like a common cold, nothing that really even slowed us down. Fortunately, as we are OTR truck drivers, we stay isolated from virtually everyone so it didn't keep us from working. Since it was so mild we thought our immune systems had helped us fight it off so we still did not get the vaccine.

A good friend of mine (my in law actually) back home went ahead and got the vaccine and followed it up with a booster shot. Eight days later he had a stroke while driving. Luckily he had one of his employees with him and he was able to get medical assistance. He had a blood clot in the brain. The man was younger than me, in great health, very active. His family is convinced the booster/vaccine was responsible. I had hoped he could overcome the effects of the stroke. He was a VERY strong willed man. If anyone could beat it I figured he could.

I spoke to another one of his employees a month ago (his son has taken over his father's two business's) and he told me they expect him to live out his last days in a nursing home.

Understand now, we deal primarily with pharmaceuticals and all things related to COVID, including the test kits. During a conversation with one of the companies we were at it was revealed that we would be hauling a load of test kits. At some point in our dialogue, we addressed the kits capability to identify COVID and were informed that the kits could identify a virus, which may be the flu, a cold, or COVID. It apparently does not differentiate.

We still believe these vaccines were rushed and we have no plans to get one. Don't get me wrong, do what you feel is best for you. But we do know that it doesn't stop the virus, nor does it prevent the spread. And there is some evidence that shows blood clots being a side affect. I'll take my chances, but YMMV.
The common cold is a Covid of some sort and the main tests used that have since been pulled couldn't differentiate between a cold and Covid-19.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 05:38 PM   #64
Silverdillo

you weren't "vaccinated" you were just inoculated and it didn't work. A true vaccine would have prevented the china virus
Silverdillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 06:06 PM   #65
Auto Parts Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverdillo View Post
you weren't "vaccinated" you were just inoculated and it didn't work. A true vaccine would have prevented the china virus
Exactly. I'm surprised more people aren't angry and embarrassed that they got juped by this who knows what garbage injected into their bodies.. And don't get me started about these stupid masks that do nothing but cause discomfort.

Don't drink the kool-aid folks and don't believe everything you're told. Use your head and think for yourself. Question everything.

But then again, I'm a guy that believes we never flew a rocket 480,000 mile round trip in 1969 to space (when most cars still had carburetors), through the firmament, landed safely on the moon while the other part of the rocket orbitted the moon, called to the whitehouse and spoke to the President, connected back to the other part of said rocket, and flew back through the firmament landing safely back on earth... So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Now where did I set my tin foil hat?..
Auto Parts Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 06:47 PM   #66
notanlines

" I'm a guy that believes we never flew a rocket 480,000 mile round trip in 1969 to space." Parts Guy, we already knew that's what you believe.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:10 PM   #67
wiredgeorge

Any consolation but the good Doctor Fauci announced he was stepping down from his current position at the end of our POTUS's term in 2024. No politics intended.
Old 08-03-2022, 02:44 PM   #68
gearhead

When we got a positive test result on July 2 our son says "I've got 2 bottles of Ivermectin if you want some". No, your Mom will go ape feces if I take that. So I didn't.
Last week we had our annual in home nurse visit by our health insurance company. He went through their usual routine, discussing our current meds, weight check, etc. Then we got to covid. He asked what we took. Paxlovid (?). Only that? Yes. He recommended high doses of Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Zinc. AND IVERMECTIN. Betty about soiled her trousers.
So I asked our son about the Ivermectin and how he heard about it. He said he works with a smart Engineer that is very familiar with it. The Engineer is from Vietnam and said whenever anyone there got sick they got Ivermectin. No bad side results and it was effective.
I'm kinda changing my mind about our g'ment and big pharma.
But I'm leaving soon for The Knoxville Nationals sprint car races and don't want to be on the road alone and taking a new regimen of meds. I'll get them when I return. I do have the vitamins and will start them tomorrow.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 10:19 AM   #69
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Parts Guy View Post
Exactly. I'm surprised more people aren't angry and embarrassed that they got juped by this who knows what garbage injected into their bodies.. And don't get me started about these stupid masks that do nothing but cause discomfort.

Don't drink the kool-aid folks and don't believe everything you're told. Use your head and think for yourself. Question everything.

But then again, I'm a guy that believes we never flew a rocket 480,000 mile round trip in 1969 to space (when most cars still had carburetors), through the firmament, landed safely on the moon while the other part of the rocket orbitted the moon, called to the whitehouse and spoke to the President, connected back to the other part of said rocket, and flew back through the firmament landing safely back on earth... So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

It did happen, we went to the moon.
Look on you tube for an early interview with my cousin Frances “Poppy” Northcutt. First woman in Mission Control. Look for an interview from about 1968. She was smokin hot.
She later went to law school and became a civil rights attorney and activist.
Old 08-13-2022, 10:54 AM   #70
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
After both Moderna vaccines and the booster, I got COVID. Last night I was really sick, heavy deep cough, very disoriented, sweating profusely or I peed on myself, lots of gas out of both ends, and a headache. This morning Betty got out her stash of at home COVID tests and our daughter came over to tell me how to do it. Yep positive.
So, quarantine in the bedroom for 5 days.
I feel a lot better today.

My FIL, MIL, SIL and bride all got COVID - brought in from a hospital visit.
I'm not talking to any of them.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 10:58 AM   #71
wrvond

Quote:

I love it when people don't let facts interfere with what they have to say.

Okay, I fibbed. I don't love it at all.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 08:26 PM   #72
travelin texans

Quote:

You also probably saw Elvis at Walmart the other day!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 08:31 PM   #73
Auto Parts Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
You also probably saw Elvis at Walmart the other day!
No

Old 08-13-2022, 09:08 PM   #74
Auto Parts Guy

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2022-08-14-00-57-26~2.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	41158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2022-08-14-01-15-46.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	41159  
Auto Parts Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 07:25 PM   #75
gearhead

The worm turns….I read somewhere that the National Institute of Health approved Ivermectin.
Old 09-04-2022, 08:44 AM   #76
Rick

The NIH only approved it for use in clinical trials. Read about it here...
https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...tments-1739661

Plus, "There are clear financial incentives to sell Ivermectin, said Aaron Friedberg, an internal medicine physician at Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center’s Post-COVID Recovery Program. “Financially, if you prescribe it as a long-term therapy, you can keep prescribing it, so keep having visits for it,” he said."

Everyone has to decide for themselves.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 02:47 PM   #77
Badbart56

I think there are "clear financial incentives" to sell any of the medicines used to treat this virus. Whether they work or not. And my understanding is that the hospitals get paid a lot more money to treat COVID vs what they make treating the flu, which leads me to believe the flu may be non existent for a while longer.....

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 03:59 PM   #78
wiredgeorge

If you see the new commercial airing it tells you there are wonderful new oral drugs you can take to beat the china flu... paid for by Pfizer of course.