Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2022, 07:25 AM   #1
JShort880

Norcold Fan Recommendations

I hope everyone is doing well!

First summer for us new full-timers. Fridge is not getting enough cool-down in the back. I tested for all of the other "Norcold" issues and everything checks out. Last week I went and bought a really cheap fan and set it blowing on the back of the fridge.

We're currently in Charleston WV and I'm getting a range of fridge temps depending on time of day and heat. For instance, right now (11:17am) it's 84 degrees outside and the fridge diagnostic temp is showing 38 degrees. It's going to get above 90 today and pattern shows that at that time I'll be lucky to stay under 45 degrees.

Obviously I don't want to keep a fan stuffed inside of my access port with a extension cord running to it. Recommendations on fans or fix/tricks to provide enough air for the back of the fridge?

I've been testing a lot of things. The access panel seems to be another issue itself. I've taken it off and I'm going to put a screen up/maybe make a filter to sit on it as well. But I'd love to just get the right equipment to help the fridge do its job.

If I can't get it to where I can trust that I can safely have food inside of it. I'll be making a trip to JC refrigeration. But since I'm getting close to the temperature I'm hoping this $3,500 retail value fridge might be able to keep food cold .

This is also running it on 9. Norcold 2118 model.

Thanks for all the advice. Really happy I joined the forum.

Note: The fridge diagnostic screen is pretty useful. For anyone wondering, press and hold the temp setting and power supply setting butting until it pops. Option 3 is the temp for the bottom.
2021 Ford F450
JShort880 is offline   Reply With Quote