Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2022, 07:04 AM   #1
Weldon

Jellystone Bremen GA

First time staying at a Jellystone. I'm impressed. Pool, splash pad, zip line, mini golf, outdoor movies, concrete pad, full hookups, etc. 20% off if you stay at least 3 nights. Every morning they raise THE flag and say the Pledge of Allegiance.
Quiet with plenty of stuff to occupy kids, and adults. Only about 75 mins from our house. We will be back. For kids or grandkids, I highly recommend.

Fyi, it's very clean here but the squirrel somehow found dessert this am around 6:30am. See pic 2.

Fyi2, ever wonder the story behind some rules? See pic3, last rule. I was drying towels last night and had to take a pic of this. Really?? Dishes?? You can't fix stupid, but maybe the sign will help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220605_152022.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	476.6 KB
ID:	40111   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220607_080727.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	315.5 KB
ID:	40112   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220606_222304.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	312.5 KB
ID:	40113  
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 07:25 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Marquette Tourist Park in Marquette Michigan has a similar sign on the two laundry sinks behind the laundry building. It says, "Dishwashing permitted ONLY in these sinks" and in the brochure it says, "No dishwashing in laundry room sinks or outside on campsites"... The goal, I suppose, is to keep people from throwing dishwater wtih food bits on the ground around the campsites. It draws flies and the black flies in northern Michigan are as hungry for human flesh as they are for food particles drying on the grass. If you've never been bitten by a black fly, it's more painful than any "Georgia horse fly" and if you get 100 of them buzzing around the trailer, everybody is a target....

But, yep, there's some strange rules on some signs around campgrounds. I'd bet that one was included after somebody complained about the hamburger patties and soggy french fries that were clogging the laundry room sinks several years ago.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 08:55 AM   #3
Auto Parts Guy

Jellystone is great! We camped many times last year around state parks and private campgrounds and it was our best trip, the most fun. We stayed at the one in Golden Valley NC, like you, about 75mins from our house. We plan to go back this year as well. Plenty of fun for kids and adults. Make sure you get the golf cart. I wouldnt stay without it.
Auto Parts Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 08:58 AM   #4
Weldon

We didn't get the cart because our spot is less than 20 yards from everything. Wanted one, but couldn't justify it when it would take just as long to walk
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 09:41 AM   #5
Auto Parts Guy

We weren't so lucky to be close enough to everything. And also we tent camped and the cart was very useful to get the tent and gear down to the site. The place in NC was huge! I don't know how many acres but it was a long ride on the cart from the lake to the splash pad. The cost of everything adds up quickly but it's so worth the good time.
Auto Parts Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 12:25 PM   #6
CedarCreekWoody

Silly me. I thought the sign meant no nudes allowed in the laundry room! ��
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote