Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
NVHCC

Slider question

When closed our slider does not leak at all however when open the other day it leaked. I knew it was out of alignment vertically (too high at one end) and it had pulled the wiper out on the lower side when extended.

I have adjusted the vertical but have a couple of questions -

1. Are adjustments to be made when slider extended fully, in all the way or in a bit from full extension?
2. How do you know the proper height for slider?
3. It leaked around the middle up top when extemded - when I closed it a bit i felt on top of the slider and there is a lot of dirt. small branches etc there which i vacumned off. There is also some old caulking that has come off - is there supposed to be caulking along bottom of white seal (about 3 inches wide) where it meets roof of slideout? The white seal along sideout is in good shape

Thanks.
NVHCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

First let me welcome you to the forum. Have you checked the alignment since you removed the debris. A small branch is enough to kick the top out (in) and cause a leak. If you still need adjustment search the forum for slide out or go to Lippert's web site for complete instructions. http://www.lippertcomponents.com/ind...uals&Itemid=66
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
NVHCC

Thanks - I have the Lippert manual but it does not indicate where the slide should be when making adjustments.

For horizontal it is ok because i can see location of slide and distance between slide and frame at each end so can make even.

For the vertical I did not know if there was a starting position? I can of course lower both right down but would that interfere with slide over floor of unit? Should it slide over floor easy? Does anyone have a measurement of how much gap there is at adjustment point for a starting position? My thought is if I raise it too high at adjustment point then it will tilt slide towards trailer which would allow water to flow to unit and lessen seal at top edge of slide?

Any comments welcome.
NVHCC is offline   Reply With Quote