Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2020, 07:47 AM   #1
Tprill

2019 Passport roof AC unit

Second trip out, first time using the AC....and it doesn’t work. Firstly the fan blows, but there is a high pitched noise coming from the roof unit, and no condensation run off typically seen with other AC roof units... I’ve checked the breaker, even checked the roof unit to see if there was any structural damage (we had a lot of rain last weekend with downed branches, etc). I called the place I bought it and they said it would be August before they could get to it.... I’ve been reading there has seem to be warranty issues with this type of rooftop unit but anything else I can do as I don’t think a fan will cut it this summer on my upcoming trips!
Tprill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:54 AM   #2
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tprill View Post
Second trip out, first time using the AC....and it doesn’t work. Firstly the fan blows, but there is a high pitched noise coming from the roof unit, and no condensation run off typically seen with other AC roof units... I’ve checked the breaker, even checked the roof unit to see if there was any structural damage (we had a lot of rain last weekend with downed branches, etc). I called the place I bought it and they said it would be August before they could get to it.... I’ve been reading there has seem to be warranty issues with this type of rooftop unit but anything else I can do as I don’t think a fan will cut it this summer on my upcoming trips!
Contact the ac manufacturer, skip your dealer, as the unit should be warrantied with them, they could possibly send a mobile tech to you for repair.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:07 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Contact the ac manufacturer, skip your dealer, as the unit should be warrantied with them, they could possibly send a mobile tech to you for repair.
Or, they (Coleman/Dometic or ???) can give you the names of any "authorized factory repair centers" in your area. Many HVAC servicemen are "factory authorized" warranty centers for RV equipment. The manufacturer may not pay for a "mobile repair" but they should pay for the "in warranty repair/replacement" costs leaving you with only having to pay for the repairman's "mobile charge".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passport, roof