Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Freeways & Byways
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2020, 02:16 PM   #1
gearhead

Getting into Texas from Louisiana

State Troopers are stopping non commercial vehicles coming from Louisiana into Texas. Be prepared to answer where you have been and where you are going. Also be prepared to sign a document that you will self quarantine for 14 days.
Also expect traffic back ups. Looks ugly on I-10 on TV.
All I've seen mentioned on local news is I-10, but I assume it is at all entrances from Louisiana to Texas.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:30 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

[QUOTE=gearhead;384760]State Troopers are stopping non commercial vehicles coming from Louisiana into Texas. Be prepared to answer where you have been and where you are going. Also be prepared to sign a document that you will self quarantine for 14 days.
Also expect traffic back ups. Looks ugly on I-10 on TV.
All I've seen mentioned on local news is I-10, but I assume it is at all entrances from Louisiana to Texas.[/QUOTE]

This is what I was told by the TX DPS office in TX a few days ago. Even if you live in TX, if you've been in LA you are supposed to self quarantine for 14 days and subject to visitation by DPS to assure you are complying. Where they get that manpower, or if they use another branch of law enforcement, I don't know.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:52 PM   #3
gearhead

I guess if they can intimidate 50% of those contacted into self quarantine it would be a success. I don't think they have anywhere near the manpower to follow up.

Louisiana should have cancelled Mardi Gras.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:50 PM   #4
gearhead

I tested it today. I'm almost caught up with what I "want" to do around the house. This morning I put fresh string on the weed eater and thought I had better take it with the next time I mow the family cemetery in Louisiana. Came inside and sat down to spend even more time on the Internet. Aw heck, I'm going to Louisiana to see how bad the cemetery needs mowing. Headed to Deweyville on Hwy12 and there they sat. Four black Tahoes with a road block on the westbound Texas side. So I went on to the cemetery and wondered how it was going to go on my way back. Cemetery needs mowing, I peed and headed home. Before I got to the roadblock I got my Harbor Freight nitrile gloves on and my dirt track racing face cover on.
Trooper: where you been in Louisiana? Oberlin. There long? No just long enough to see the cemetery needs mowing, peed, and didn't even turn the truck off. Where you from? Liberty. OK, you know &&&& Smith? Yeah, a good trooper. Thanks, be careful. You too.
Nothing to it, but it still rubs me wrong.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:08 AM   #5
gearhead

Crossed the border again yesterday. They didn't even stop me, just waved me through.