Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2020, 05:41 PM   #41
flybouy
Site Team

I agree with you Mike. I'm my thinking if you want to "be one with nature" then strap a backpack on and go forth. Yes the sound of generators can be distracting, so can the ATVs, dirt bikes, drones, off road 4wd vehicles, but they are all made to be used outdoors.

What does annoy me are people that "cuddle up" next to you when you go out of your way to be isolated. But here's the thing, they have the same right as you and I to be there.That's the public part of public lands. They all have an management that sets the rules. If you want to make the rules to suite you and you want to dictate who can make noise and with what then stop living for free and go buy a piece of property large enough to keep a comfy buffer.
JMHO
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 06:01 PM   #42
JRTJH
Site Team

That's the main reason we bought on the lake that we're on. It's completely private with NO public access. Through the years we've managed to continue buying property that adjoins ours and we now have a pretty significant "chunk of lakefront property". Right now, I'd negotiating to buy an additional 4 acres that has 160' of lakefront and adjoins our "back 10". That would mean about 400' of beach to keep clean. Whether we get it or not, it's a seasonal home, so nobody is there except for a couple of "3 day weekends".

All that said, no doubt, by the time I get close to not wanting to buy more, someone will sell their part to someone who moves in and destroys the peace and tranquility..... Oh well, like grandpappy used to say, if you don't own it, you don't control it.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 08:23 PM   #43
kaydo36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan X View Post
My point about the solar powered truck was you are probably driving a loud truck? Maybe a diesel? Don’t you think someone could be offended by the noise and smell your truck makes? Or is your truck electric and charged by solar...would you stop driving your truck if someone told you they were offended by it?

To all those who claim that solar is the only acceptable way to camp and using a generator is not acceptable-

Im really trying to keep my responses good natured, but I don’t appreciate being told how you think I should camp and somehow you know who is welcome at a campsite and who isn’t. Or you think it is ok to give other campers dirty looks if they camp differently than you.

I think it is widely accepted and practiced that RVers use generators. There are other camping options if you don’t want to “spoil your enjoyment of nature”.
I drive a van and have no problem with people’s vehicle noise. They generally don’t leave idling and revving for hours on end, but I’m not going to entertain a trolling assault just because I chimed in to give the OP some advice. Happy trails, brother.
kaydo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 05:48 AM   #44
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan X View Post
My point about the solar powered truck was you are probably driving a loud truck? Maybe a diesel? Don’t you think someone could be offended by the noise and smell your truck makes? Or is your truck electric and charged by solar...would you stop driving your truck if someone told you they were offended by it?

To all those who claim that solar is the only acceptable way to camp and using a generator is not acceptable-

Im really trying to keep my responses good natured, but I don’t appreciate being told how you think I should camp and somehow you know who is welcome at a campsite and who isn’t. Or you think it is ok to give other campers dirty looks if they camp differently than you.

I think it is widely accepted and practiced that RVers use generators. There are other camping options if you don’t want to “spoil your enjoyment of nature”.
My exact reaction to this thread! 100% right, Mike. As the number of RV's increases significantly each year, it is not reasonable to expect to pull your RV into a pristine camping area and then expect everyone else to stay out. Nor is it reasonable to expect everyone else to set their rig up exactly how you might think is the "right" way.

We all have different equipment, experiences, and levels of expertise. That is EXACTLY why I like this forum! I love to hear how others tackle issues; it's a great way to learn about new methods, equipment, & materials. I'm not so fond of "the only right way to do this is the way I do it" messages.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 07:16 AM   #45
rodgebone

LewisB

Quote:
We all have different equipment, experiences, and levels of expertise. That is EXACTLY why I like this forum! I love to hear how others tackle issues; it's a great way to learn about new methods, equipment, & materials. I'm not so fond of "the only right way to do this is the way I do it" messages.
x2
Old 05-01-2020, 08:22 AM   #46
Logan X

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydo36 View Post
If you're the guy running a genny boondocking, you're the guy nobody wants there. You're loud and offensive to those trying to enjoy nature, not feel like they're parked behind a truck stop with idling semis.
No one is trying to troll you brother. I was simply pointing out that you are not the authority who decides who is welcome on public land or the judge (for the RV community) of who is offensive and who is not.

You are welcome to your opinion, obviously, and you are welcome to share your opinion, obviously. When someone disagrees with you it is not a “trolling attack”

As far as the advice you gave the OP, he was asking about generators, not solar...

Take care.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boondocking, generator