Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2024, 08:54 AM   #1
GBR

2024 Cougar 23MLE build changes

I was at an RV show in Toronto looking at the subject RV and really liked the size and of the unit and amenities provided. I discussed the pricing as the show price was the same as list on their lot and the final price was that posted on the unit of $75999 Canadian or $54997 US$. Now that’s quite a high price for a 28 foot 5th Wheel. Later I received an email from the sales agent and she advised me of manufacturing changes to this unit. They are removing the In-Command and going back to rocker switches and no longer installing Goodyear LT tires on these unit. Has anyone else noted these changes on other smaller units or on impending purchases. I note that in a YouTube video from Bishes RV that Josh has indicated manufacturers are trying to reduce cost by reducing amenities. Lastly, how do those who have Goodyear tires feel about their performance as I don’t believe the sidewall can take the stress in the longer term when backing up.
Thanks
Pullrite 16K Superglide
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
GBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 09:05 AM   #2
LadyCPA

I don't know about the tires, but from the many comments on the board, it is probably good that they are going away from the In Command. When we bought our unit we thought this was a good thing, but i am a bit worried about all the failures others have had during a camping trip and the need to reboot, and not sure that is good.
Columbia SC
LadyCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 10:00 AM   #3
wiredgeorge

I am getting kind of old... I like rocker switches and would never have some complicated gizmo like In-Command if it could be helped. Not having In-Command would be great for me. As far as the tires, I don't think they ever installed LT tires on a Cougar 23MLE. The specs show ST225/75R15 and that is a special trailer tire. They may be moving away from Goodyear brand Endurance (LRE) to a cheaper brand perhaps like they used in the past (read Trailer King) to save a couple bucks. The tires would bother me some since if they started using "china bombs" again, I would have to replace them with Carlisle Radial HT Trails in the same size and load rating.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar