Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2022, 06:39 AM   #1
SJBrooks

A/C problem

I've been a long-time reader, but VERY infrequent poster, on this forum. This is because my 2012 model 302 camper has been very reliable until this w/e.

Every two weeks, I crank up the generator and run the two a/c units. I did so again this w/e when the outside temp was 103 and inside my shop/camper storage building it was 98. The camper inside temp was 90. After running for approx 10 mins, no issues were noted. Upon shutdown, I heard a hissing from the rear unit. After taking off the plastic cover, I found "air" escaping from a very small nipple/bump on the line that runs from the condenser to the accumulator/receiver dryer. The front unit has this same very small bump/nipple on the same line.

I'm a strong mechanic, but admittedly not a solid a/c guy. I'd very greatly appreciate anybody telling me what has caused this issue and any suggestions for repair. Thanks in advance for the help!

Steve