Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2018, 12:51 AM   #21
DocP

Quote:
Originally Posted by swineboy View Post
This camper still leaks. Major issues now, since it has leaked since day 1. Never buy another. Poor design A pitch slide, I've tried about everything.
I had similar issues with the floor immediately in front of the long slide in my 2014 39FDN Retreat - numerous failed repairs by dealer, and a 10 foot x 3 foot section of the wood substructure ultimately rotted over the winter. When I opened up the floor it was literally filled with standing water and the wooden joists had disintegrated and had black mold. I finally gave up and sold the 2-year old trailer for salvage value.
DocP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:25 PM   #22
jillianj

Unhappy Retreat slides leaking

Hi Folks; I have a 2015 Retreat FKSS and had to have the bedroom slide completely rebuilt because it leaked so bad it was full of mold. This year I have a leak at the kitchen end of the super slide and can not figure out where it is coming from. The floor between the edge of the slide and the kitchen cupboards is completely gone as is the floor of the slide. The rubbers on the roof are barely touching the slide so I took waterproof tape and taped the rubbers to the roof on the leak side of the pitch and it still leaked. The rubbers are a little better on the other side of the pitch but no leak so far. I have had a couple of repair guys go up and to the roof and look, but they don't see any issues. Anyone with similar issues or any ideas?

Thanks
jillianj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 07:42 AM   #23
willis17

2015 Retreat FKSS Leaking Slides

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillianj View Post
Hi Folks; I have a 2015 Retreat FKSS and had to have the bedroom slide completely rebuilt because it leaked so bad it was full of mold. This year I have a leak at the kitchen end of the super slide and can not figure out where it is coming from. The floor between the edge of the slide and the kitchen cupboards is completely gone as is the floor of the slide. The rubbers on the roof are barely touching the slide so I took waterproof tape and taped the rubbers to the roof on the leak side of the pitch and it still leaked. The rubbers are a little better on the other side of the pitch but no leak so far. I have had a couple of repair guys go up and to the roof and look, but they don't see any issues. Anyone with similar issues or any ideas?

Thanks
Same model same issues. The floor at the kitchen end of the trailer is now water damaged. I have complained to the dealer and Keystone since day one of owning this unit about the leaks. Replaced sweeper seals, re-caulked, adjusted etc. etc. Most recently found that water had collected under the floor and was held in place by the underbelly vinyl. The insulation is completely soaked. The dealer does not know how the water is getting in. Keystone was no help at all. Repair estimate $8,000.00 no guarantee it will not leak again. I would be very interested in collecting data from all other Retreat owners with the gabled roof slide about how they fixed the issues or if they were successful in getting Keystone to assist in any way.
willis17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 08:51 AM   #24
jillianj

Hi, hv tried twice to reply and it keeps kicking me out. Basically like you got no help from Keystone or the dealership. They just washed their hands of the issue saying you are out of warranty. I bought the extended warranty, but it doesnt cover anything but mechanics.

I finally did find the leak but not before major water damage to my kitchen floor. In front of the fridge the floor is completely rotted away and I am sure there is mold under the vynl because when the unit is closed up it smells musty.

My leak was where the rubber used to seal the slide when the slide is closed attaches to the wall of the trailer. I haven't had a leak....that I know of.....since i had the caulking fixed.

Also check the caulking on you bedroom slides. I had another leak on the slide where the bed is....not the one I had rebuilt. When you inspect the caulking it looks fine, but if you run your nail down the caulking it peels right up. The floor to the left of the bed is now soft as well.

I feel either the caulking they used was substandard or maybe expired, or there was an issue with the application during the build. It would be interesting to find out what the build date was for both of our units.

Good luck, hope this helps
Old 05-12-2020, 05:05 AM   #25
RLB

I'm going to look at a 2012 retreat 39KBTS but I'm seeing issues with leakage on retreats. Is it only certain models with the larger slide? or is it all/most retreats.
RLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:05 PM   #26
jillianj

I can't speak for other years ir models but I have had leaks on all three of my slides...not happy!
Old 10-20-2020, 06:38 AM   #27
rabbar

Angry 2014 BHQS Slide Leaks

New to this forum. Some good info from other owners.

Just discovered wet carpet in the corners of both of my rear slides. This is a BHQS model I purchased new in 2014. It has been parked in the campground since then. No road miles on this retreat except getting it hear in early 2015.

Not sure how long it has been leaking but will now try to find the source. I'm sure it will be difficult.

Quality of these Keystone Retreats is very poor. Have had numerous problems over the past 5 years. Wish I would have done some better research prior to purchasing this POS!!!!

Stay tune, I will report my solution if I do actually solve the problem.
rabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:19 PM   #28
Rob R

Retreat slide leaks

Someone who has had a few Retreats over the years finally explained it to me.
The water leaks down the wall of the slide and into the bottom corner seam. Wetting the carpet, and if left unattended the walls.
He said to undo all the screws along the the outside slide wall bottom seam. Remove the plastic edging, clean, re-caulk, and re-install.
Simple as that. Check it every year.
Rob R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:59 AM   #29
Weldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob R View Post
The water leaks down the wall of the slide and into the bottom corner seam. Wetting the carpet, and if left unattended the walls.
He said to undo all the screws along the the outside slide wall bottom seam. Remove the plastic edging, clean, re-caulk, and re-install.
Ummmm....10 year old thread.
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 12:46 PM   #30
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldon View Post
Ummmm....10 year old thread.

Guess some threads/topics are like a fine wine....they just age well over the years.....and years and......
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 02:22 PM   #31
JRTJH
Site Team

I couldn't begin to count the number of times I've linked an old thread to a new question rather than type all those answers again.... I like the "fine wine" comparison. I've been laying laminate flooring all day, so a glass or two (or three) sounds like a great way to begin the evening... Well, after a long hot shower that is......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 05:23 PM   #32
Gary P

Hello, I own a 2019 retreat fkss. Problems since we took delivery. Leaks over the winter because the large slide doesn’t close tight enough. Last spring when we opened the carpet/wall was soaked and damaged due to water penetration. We contacted Keystone and no coverage because of the whole 90 day inspection aspect of the warranty. So the warranty expired our 1st winter because we have no access between October and May to inspect.
Repaired myself, used eternabond tape on every seam where there was caulking and seems to have worked. Also water damage over the kitchen area, the bulk head area.
This winter I covered the trailer with a RV cover, hopefully I will have a dry trailer when we open soon.
Very disappointed with the quality of our trailer.
Gary P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 03:54 PM   #33
Gary P

Pressure relief valve.

I have a 2019 retreat with a suburban water heater model sw10de and I need a new relief valve.
The one suggested is the 161157 suburban pressure relief valve.
Does anyone know of a compatible make as this is no longer available
Thank you Gary
Gary P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 07:44 PM   #34
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary P View Post
I have a 2019 retreat with a suburban water heater model sw10de and I need a new relief valve.
The one suggested is the 161157 suburban pressure relief valve.
Does anyone know of a compatible make as this is no longer available
Thank you Gary
https://www.amazon.com/Suburban-1611...s%2C217&sr=8-1
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 03:53 AM   #35
RagingRobert
Gone Traveling

Another disappointed Keystone owner here...their design, materials used and carefree employee's are ridiculous. Not sure how they're still is business really. My 2018 RBS22 leaked from day one in two places...through the screwed on roof trim along the edge of roof at top of wall...no sealer used along top edge of trim or where screws are...made wallpaper bubble...I backed out screws one at a time squeezed in some silicon, reinstalled screws and put a small bead of clear silicone all along top edge of trim...solved issue I think, still need to repair wallpaper. Also leaked badly through the bottom screws on the flip up storage door frame... screws were put in crooked! The BS wood they used on the floor is like a sponge causing major damage...the dealer removed the bedroom and slide out, rolled backed the flooring up to the kitchen table and replaced the floor and put it all back together in my new trailer! Don't trust any dealers either btw...they didn't find the cause of the leak...I did and fixed it myself by removing the screws in metal storage door frame and reinstalling new screws with a rubber washer attached and silicon. It's the design, materials used and installation process that will eventually kill Keystone. Moral of my story...don't buy Keystone and give your RV a good look over...pretty sure it's leaking somewhere!
RagingRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 06:36 AM   #36
Lake life

did you ever figure out why it leaked? do you have a pitched roof?
Lake life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 06:39 AM   #37
Lake life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob R View Post

are you talking about pop outs? our pitched roof pop out has been leaking. We found first that it was not level (it sits at seasonal site and stays out-previous owner attached metal frame to it for front window protection). but we want to find a way to cover roof without building $2300 roof.
Old 07-29-2023, 10:34 AM   #38
Lake life

Did you ever figure out leak? We are from bville. Have camp at brennans and leaking in dining area