Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #21
BobnLee

our salesman tried to up sell us to a Redwood 36 ft. Total weight 16,000 lbs That is if the empty weight from the factory is really what they say. Our 3/4 tonne Ford would be totally maxed out but he didn't think this would be problem. And to think he is an Rver himself
BobnLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:20 AM   #22
wolfsong328

Congratulation on being a help to strangers ..

Glad to know that I am not the only one that speaks up when I see /hear something
that is "just not right".
wolfsong328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:05 AM   #23
W.E.BGood

TrailSport...you did a good thing!
W.E.BGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:04 AM   #24
Trailsport07

Thanks guys, I know there are some honest sales people out there and sure they cant know everything about all tow vehicles. But there are sales people that are not all honest, just trying to make a sale, they are everywhere. This is alittle more safety critical then buying fertilizer or appliance. Yes the buyer should research, but lets be honest who researched there first trailer. I did not, I was looking to buy a 20 foot trailer just for my wife and me. Started looking and saw all the better options and layout of the bigger trailers, got way excited. I ended up buying a 28 foot trailer, 31 from tounge to bumper. I was lucky and had an 03 Dodge ram 2500 at the time. But not once did that salesman ask me about my truck. I was not giving it much thought ethier when looking. I have a dangerous job and I am always being trained and have to be OQ in tasks. Maybe these salesman should be made to go for training. Not to know about all the tow vehicles, but to be trained to ask specific questions. Like what will you be towing with, do you have a brake controller. Then he can show them trailers that would work for them, or they could do it once a trailer is picked out. Have like a mandtory question and answer form. Would be better right at the beginning. Then you would not lead people on or waste there time showing them something they could not tow.
Trailsport07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #25
audio1der

Where the hell were you when we were shopping???????
2012 Ram 1500 Sport crew cab, Hemi, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, factory brake controller, S&B CAI w/scoop, Moroso air/oil can, 87mm ported/polished/knife-edged throttle body, Magnaflow exhaust, 180* t-stat, Rear lowered 2", Airlift 1000.
audio1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:56 AM   #26
zuley

We have a small show close to our home every spring. Half a dozen dealers set up on the dual rink surface of the KW Auditorium. Good for a couple of hours of entertainment to get me back in the mood for camping. We pretty much looked through every camper and took our time enjoying the afternoon. Again, I was able to witness first hand a salesman misleading a potential customer. We were in a 32 foot alluminum sided lower end model. Young couple ask the sales guy if there 1996 Grand Marquis would pull this thing. Without checking anything sales guy replies to them that their car was rated to tow 6000 pounds and if they packed lightly they would be OK. Now having had a Grand Marquis years ago I know, mine anyways, was rated to tow 3500 pounds. Sales guy was between me and the couple facing away from me. I shook my head no to the couple and got up and walked away. Later, we were sitting in the show cafe having a cup of mud and were approached by the same young couple were asked if they could join us. Nice young couple looking to purchase their first camper. Obviusly they were not well to do and were financing pretty much the whole purchase amount. The car was their dailly driver. He questioned me on why I shook my head no previously. Told him I was not getting between him and the salesman but he had to do his own research and due diligence and suggested he join a forum such as this and start to ask some questions. I gave them the name of the service manager of where we had prevously purchased who was at the show and told them to have a chat with him and to tell him I had sent them over. As we were leaving the show Brian approached me chuckling. Brian confirmed to the couple what I had suggested and steered them in the direction of the hybrid models.
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote