Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
Barry

New owner with lots of questions...

First of all HI EVERYBODY!!!
We just bought a 2011 Keystone Hideout 38 BHDS. So far we are very pleased with it, but its still at the dealers lot! It does have the "fully enclosed underbelly with heated tanks". And we are having the dealer install a gas line to about the middle of the camper for an outside grill. This is also our very first camper, so we dont really know that much about them. We looked at this one about six months ago and really liked it. But we wanted to shop around a little and learn about them, so we passed on it. We went back about a month and a half ago to buy it, and the lot sold it two weeks before. But then about a week ago we got a call from the dealer saying it was back! So we jumped on it and now its ours!!!

I do know that it is a 30 amp camper, and from what I have read on here, we will have to keep an eye on the amp usage. I have a friend that is a master electrician, thinking maybe upgrade to a 50 amp servise down the road.

We will be putting this on a lake lot as a weekend place for us, no plans on pulling it anywhere. We will have a 200 amp service pole on our lot. And plans for a underground holding tank.

My main questions are all pretty basic. Is there any known problems that we should be looking for? Anything we need to keep an eye out for? Any tips for making a smooth transition into the camper lifestyle?
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote