Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
Bob Landry

Check Your Tires

Checking tire pressure should be part of every trip preparation. I went out today to get mine ready for the weekend, and checking tire pressure has become a ritual with me every time I tow. I carry 80 lbs of pressure in my tires and they usually leak around 10 lbs or so between trips, so I accept that as normal. One tire had leaked down to around 30 lbs, so I know that one needs to come off and go to the tire shop.
The point is, the low tire looked normal as the weight on that side of the trailer was supported by the other tire. Visually, I would have thought nothing about it and would not have known had I not checked them all with a tire gauge. I probably by-passed a blowout on the road. It pays to take a few extra minutes and check everything.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote