Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2014, 05:10 PM   #1
summerhummer

My keystone experiences Laredo 320 TG

Trigger pulled…. Since September I looked at the Sprinter 311 BHS, Sprinter 316BIK, Laredo 303 TG and finally decided on the Laredo 320 TG. I Purchased in mid February From a distant dealer. I Looked locally but no one wanted to come near the prices of the distant dealer. A few days before my departure I smelled Hydraulic fluid from my truck. Passenger side axle seal hub leaking. While vehicle was inspected the also noticed front hub bearing shot. What the hell since the differential pinion seal always had a small leak I fixed that too. All repairs totaled $1300.00 ouch… I wish I could do more of this myself. Installed a bigger trans cooler for another $300,00 and I am on my way. The Drive up was uneventful except for being stuck behind a huge transporter that took up 3 highway lanes at one time.

Arrive at the dealer did walk through Equalizer hitch installed. (This thing is good and IMHO works better than the husky I had before). We decided to camp overnight bad idea winds that night were 60 knots.

A TT is not the best place to be in that situation with high winds. I am pleased with its stoutness in the heavy winds. We survived and noticed a few things about the trailer for the punch list. Most pressing issue is the furnace heat register in front bedroom puts out just a hint of heat. The rear bunkhouse has no register at all. Other trailer to trailer differences from what I saw locally to what this one has were asked to be changed. The RV entrance doors are not on gas struts. That was something I really think I wanted and was seen locally, I also wanted the Stereo that was blue tooth enabled but what is in my particular trailer is not. All in all it was not a bad experience the only think I don’t like about the trailer is the heat output. I had this thing on 90 and it did not produce sufficient heat. Dealer checked it out and claimed no kinks and that the front bedroom is low output because it is the furthest register away from furnace. Dealer said Keystone 320 TG does not have a rear bunkhouse heat register. I have not called keystone myself but this is just an example of Keystone being cheap. Once is needed in the bunkhouse and also bathroom. This is where kids and women frequent and “no heat” is “no good”. Outside of the heat issue no other significant issues found.

My CONs are:
1) I don’t like the pass thru storage door on the driver side. It is a small entrance but there ain't nothing can do about that.

2) The location of battery at the top of the A frame makes it pretty tight (if even possible) for a group 31 battery. I have yet to try it.

3) The water pressure seemed a bit low but the pump is way in the front and the fixtures are mid cabin or way in the back.

It also has the new Alpha ply roof material so we will see how this holds up. The PDI on this site served me well. The only thing I noticed when I got home is there is no stopper for the tub. The Pull back was uneventful even in 25 -40 knot winds the ride was good with the equalizer and the suburban 2500 8.1 4:10. There was no 18 wheeler push /pull when they passed, no sway and no white knuckles over the 500 miles. On the way up I think I averaged 10 MPG. On the way back it dropped to 8.6. I am Looking forward to camping next weekend. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Regards,
J

https://www.flickr.com/photos/985581...n/photostream#

https://www.flickr.com/photos/985581...12545/sizes/h/
summerhummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:42 PM   #2
bsmith0404

Never heard of a bunkhouse not being heated. As for the bathroom, that is common, many of your "luxury" RVs brag about heated bathrooms...I would hope so in an $80K MSRP unit. Hard to believe that is not a standard on ALL...how difficult is it to drop a vent into the room?

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:34 PM   #3
gtsum2

Congrats on the new rig. We have been looking at the same units u did. Certainly should have a heat register back there I would think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #4
HappyCamperMN

Congrats! Nice looking trailer!

We're looking at the Premier version of that floorplan (minus the extra slide out for the kitchen).
HappyCamperMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #5
Trailsport07

Wow I looked at the Couger high country. Glad I did not buy one . My new Jayco Eagle has heat register in floor of bathroom and bunkhouse and it works great. Not sure if the high country had them or not. But love my Eagle. I guess I just really like all campers.
Trailsport07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:13 AM   #6
Trailsport07

I was thinking my former travel trailer was a 2007 R-Vision Trail Sport 27 QBSS it was under 30,000 dollars, it had a heat register in the bathroom. I know my buddys 2012 keystone hornet does not. It gets cold sometimes in the bathroom his wife says while showering. Dont know why they would not put one in there. Keystone is a good brand with good reputation. Maybe owners should start letting Keystone know that this is not alright. I mean thats a nice trailer you bought. Does anyone know if the Couger High Country 329TSB has a heat register in the bathroom and bunk house. Also noticed they are dealer stock only does anyone know what they are replacing it with. Floorplan wise.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:38 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Here are links to photos of one Cougar High Country 329TSB. They depict heat registers in both the bathroom and the rear bunkhouse. While the original post references a Laredo travel trailer, apparently Trailsport07 referred to a Cougar High Country and indicated that model didn't have heat registers in the bath and bunkhouse. Clearly they do.

http://www.colerainrv.com/console/wa...php?src=142450

http://www.colerainrv.com/console/wa...php?src=142447

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #8
Trailsport07

I was talking about all travel trailers in general. Just making some comparisions. I know what trailer was referenced in this post. But if you read previous posts it sounds like allot of trailers dont have heat registers in the bathroom. was unsure if high country did or not.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:32 AM   #9
Trailsport07

Please read bsmith0404 previous post here
Old 03-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailsport07 View Post
Wow I looked at the Couger high country. Glad I did not buy one . My new Jayco Eagle has heat register in floor of bathroom and bunkhouse and it works great. Not sure if the high country had them or not. But love my Eagle. I guess I just really like all campers.
Quote:
I was talking about all travel trailers in general. Just making some comparisions. I know what trailer was referenced in this post. But if you read previous posts it sounds like allot of trailers dont have heat registers in the bathroom. was unsure if high country did or not.
Quote:
Please read bsmith0404 previous post here
You indicate that you're glad you didn't buy a Cougar High Country, that you're not sure if it had heat registers or not. I answered your question as it appears you're not familiar with the features found in the Cougar High Country.

As for talking about "all travel trailers in general", the comparison seems to be more along the lines of comparing your Jayco to the Cougar High Country. Is it possible that you're very familiar with your Jayco and are comparing it to an RV (Cougar) that you're not familiar with, and in doing so, you're hypothesizing about the unknown?

bsmith040 did not refer to any particular RV, rather stated that bathrooms and bunk houses could be heated without too much trouble. That's a good, valid observation. It wouldn't be difficult to "drop a vent into a room". But in the case of the Cougar High Country 329TSB, they are already there.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:49 AM   #11
Trailsport07

Your right when I looked at the high country I failed to notice if there were heat in the bathroom or bunkhouse. I did look at allot of travel trailers before purchaseing my Jayco. The Couger High country was almost purchased. There were some differences we just perfered to the Jayco. I guess I was just saying you could get heat in the bathroom in a cheaper trailer I had it in my 30,000 dollar Trailsport. bsmith0404 makes it sound like heat is only available in luxury RV's. But that is not the case. As far as me saying glad I did not purchase a high country that was said wrong, I almost did they are really nice trailers. I just dont understand why keystone dont put heat in the bathroom of a nice trailer like the laredo or bsmith0404 nice looking 5ver.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:14 PM   #12
LiteFoot

Quote:
Your right when I looked at the high country I failed to notice if there were heat in the bathroom or bunkhouse. I did look at allot of travel trailers before purchaseing my Jayco. The Couger High country was almost purchased. There were some differences we just perfered to the Jayco. I guess I was just saying you could get heat in the bathroom in a cheaper trailer I had it in my 30,000 dollar Trailsport. bsmith0404 makes it sound like heat is only available in luxury RV's. But that is not the case. As far as me saying glad I did not purchase a high country that was said wrong, I almost did they are really nice trailers. I just dont understand why keystone dont put heat in the bathroom of a nice trailer like the laredo or bsmith0404 nice looking 5ver.
That is weird. No clue why they would have put one in there? My Xlite 29rev has one in the bathroom and it will melt your skin in there. Maybe something underneath in that model that makes it difficult.

Ryan
LiteFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:29 AM   #13
zrxfishing

Very nice!! I assume you have 50amp?? I see 2 ac units on the roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2014, 08:08 AM   #14
Trailsport07

Hey Summerhummer, That is a REAL nice looking rig. You are gonna have a blast with it. Best of luck with it. Do you have any trips planned
Old 03-14-2014, 09:18 AM   #15
rode2nowhere

great set up, I have a 311bhs and am pretty pleased with it
rode2nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #16
summerhummer

Hi Guys I missed some of these posts. it does have 50 AMP service for the 2 ACs. Thus far I have camped in it about 4 times and have 1640 miles on the trail king tires. I kept it below 65 MPH always. It is hard to stay under 65 so I set it on cruise as it is way easier to tow than other trailers I have had.

SO far I have no other gripes except that the BBQ grill didn't come with a propane hose to connect to the TT. I searched high and low to find a matching propane hose to no avail. I gave up and called the dealer and he sent me one as it should have been provided for me but was somehow left out. I will use the BBQ for the first time next week when we go out. SO far so good.....
I keep the trailer well locked up with 4 locks and a few other theft deterrent devices.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:15 AM   #17
fonecop1

We just bought a 2015 Laredo 320TG Thursday night and it has a heat register in the bunkhouse for sure but I don't know about the bathroom since we won't be able to pick it up till Tuesday.
fonecop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:53 PM   #18
summerhummer

Foncop1 you are correct.. I too noticed that 2015's do have the bunk house heat register. I think you will be pleased with the unit overall. I have had no issues except the screws fell out the outside kitchen gas strut on one side that needs to be replaced .outside of that no defects. Knocking on wood while I type this... Make sure you get proper hoses for the grill before you take it home and hook them up. My grill hose only fits with the dual burner gas outlet from the trailer. It is a pain if you want to grill and cook something else outside cause you can't unless you have the grill hose that connects at the rear of the trailer.

Tags
laredo, laredo 320 tg