Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
kaylee

2011 keystone retreat floor

I have just purchased a 2011 keystone retreat.I have the 39fden model. there is a lot of give in the floor especially in the kitchen area from the start of the kitchen counter through to the front of the refrigerator. it is worst in front of the sink area. is there anyone out there who has a new retreat who is experiencing the same thing? or is there anyone out there with a new retreat who has a rock solid floor in this area? i would love to hear from you.
kaylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
Pennsylvaniasprinter

I have a 2010 Sprinter 250RBS and have noticed the same thing in the kitchen area around the refrigerator.

I can't wait to hear if someone else knows why this is.....
Pennsylvaniasprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
badge4

2011 keystone retreat floor

We have a 2011 Retreat 39FDEN and have not had any trouble with the floor flexing at all. Initially we had a lot of play throughout the trailer but it was due to insufficient blocking. Kaylee I assume your Retreat is permantally parked? If so you need to be sure you have enough blocking. Also I PMed you sometime back when you made your initial posts, hope you got them.

Good luck
badge4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #4
Paul and Rhonda

I also have the 250RBS showed dealer the soft spot, telling him it has been there since I purchased it new. He said he felt is was rotten, and had water damage. I don't think this is correct. He said it has probably gotten into all the flooring, and an estimate to repair would be $5000-$7,500!! Now, in his defense, he has not "inspected" it, just stood on the area, and pushed up and down. I will take it in week after next when he returns from vacation, to get an inspection......keeping my fingers crossed, and praying!!
Paul and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul and Rhonda View Post
I also have the 250RBS showed dealer the soft spot, telling him it has been there since I purchased it new. He said he felt is was rotten, and had water damage. I don't think this is correct. He said it has probably gotten into all the flooring, and an estimate to repair would be $5000-$7,500!! Now, in his defense, he has not "inspected" it, just stood on the area, and pushed up and down. I will take it in week after next when he returns from vacation, to get an inspection......keeping my fingers crossed, and praying!!
I hear the beginnings of a "horror story" unfolding here. Nobody can "fortune-tell" that water damage has "gotten into all the flooring" by simply standing on a "soft spot" in an RV known to have "soft floors"...... Be cautious with this kind of $5000-$7500 "sooth-saying" ........

BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:45 AM   #6
plan01

I just purchase 39 den myself I'll take delievery this Fri and I'll let you know.
plan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #7
Balldome

badge4, what do you mean about blocking a get alot of rocking in my rv?
2000 Chevy Silverado 1500
Balldome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:30 AM   #8
scubapop

floor squeak

We have a 2011 Xlite Cougar TT and it also has a floor squeak starting around the fridge and going forward through the bathroom and stops just over the threshhold for the bedroom. will be taking the unit to the dealer for for warranty stuff next week and will be asking them correct it. Will let you know what happens
scubapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #9
Pennsylvaniasprinter

I would love to know if they fix it. I was told it was "normal".
Pennsylvaniasprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #10
swineboy

I have a 39 fden retreat and my floor is just like yours. It is weak all across the floor just like you describe. I have mine blocked at least every 5 to 6 feet also. Would like to know if you have had issues with water leaks on A frame slide out.Thanks Mike
swineboy is offline   Reply With Quote