Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
srvnt

new keystone black water drains slow

Hey everybody I have a new passport 28' GT and my black water drains slow. i close the valve awhile and reopen it and it drains a little more like there's a vacuum on it. Then one time my wife opened the toilet and it drains out. So thinking the vent is plugged I run some hose down as far as it can go, pull it out and its dry. Thinking I must have hit a T for black and grey tanks I ran the water hose down the vent and while looking in black tank through the toilet with the water on I see no water disturbance at all. Then i hook up the black water flush, turn it on and the wife sees water disturbance, that's good and the check valve hasn't blown up yet. I feel for air coming out the vent at the same time but nothing, could be coming out grey water drains i guess. What do you guys think, i have a small 1/4" hand snake, should i gently try to get to smelly water? I have a little water in the black tank so i will be able to tell if i hit mud!
srvnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
Bluewater

I think they all just dran slow.
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

If the flow increases when you flush (open) the toilet the vent is clogged or not connected.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
hankaye

srvnt, Howdy;

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
If the flow increases when you flush (open) the toilet the vent is clogged or not connected.
I'm in full agreement with the other Hank.
Think you need to get your warranty off the bench and into the game.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #5
Terry W.

I totaly agree with both Hanks if it flows better with flush open vent is clogged Just my 2 cents
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #6
srvnt

Hanks and all,
Yes i dump with a full tank and not till the end does it move fast like when you empty a barrel with vacuum. I only have one vent on the roof and also tried some stiff 3/8 flexible tubing and it also hit something like a t or ell. I beginning to think when you have the sewer flush system Keystone thinks you will add pressure thus eliminating a vacuum and no need for a vent (your supposed to leave the black water valve open all the time when using the sewer flush). But you don't always have water to hook up to. How can i verify the vent is clear or clear it if I cant get to the black tank from the vent? Can the grey and black tank share a vent to keep cost down? I like to do all my work myself and don't want the stealership to touch my rig unless totally necessary. Fixed a dozen warranty things myself already and this should be easy to diagnosis.
srvnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
buzzcop63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater View Post
I think they all just dran slow.
Our Black tank is 2/3 full or more and we add water before we dump, always at State or County parks so have to go to dump station to empty tanks. Using clear connector we can see flow is quite strong. You want tank to be 2/3 or more full to get a good flush and wash out any solids.