Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2020, 11:01 AM   #1
MannyC

2018 32rls grey water waste valves

Hi,
I知 new to the forum and interested to know if anyone knows if my Cougar has 1 or 2 grey water waste valves? It has 2 grey tanks with only one pull. Called Keystone they said there are 2 they would not send me a PDF showing where the second pill is located.
I have a leak coming out by the grey water pipe under the camper. I知 going to pull the belly cover off to check that out. I thought I may have missed the other grey water pull causing a backup somewhere.Wish Keystone would share the file and been a bit more helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Manny
MannyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:33 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Welcome to the forum! Looks like you have 2 gray tanks. I assume you pulled the blank tank and gray tank handles that are close together. Look along the inside of the frame back toward the front of where the tires are. You may have to get down and look but you probably have a silver handle sticking out of the side of the frame. My 14 319rls did.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:10 PM   #3
MannyC

Grey water pull handle

Thanks for your help. I値l be digging around under the unit this weekend.

Manny
Old 06-17-2020, 03:33 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyC View Post
Thanks for your help. I値l be digging around under the unit this weekend.

Manny
The floorplan on your trailer looks almost identical to the one we had. I suspect it is right there through the frame. It will be your galley tank.

For the bad news. You say you have a leak coming out by the grey pipe under the camper. Where exactly? Which grey pipe? You may want to drain the full galley tank then experiment a little to see which tank leaks when it gets full. Since you haven't found our emptied the galley tank I figure that is the one. If so the leak could come from several places once it is "past full".

Is the leak the only way you suspect the tank is full or are there other indicators. I would think your kitchen sink would retain water. If it doesn't, the tank hasn't been drained, you have water draining out of the coroplast....your galley tank is probably leaking. And there is my bad news; had the same issue. Galley tank only leaked when full - I determined that by trial and error since the only indicator was water dripping out of a screw hole in the coroplast. Took it to dealer for repairs (I had extended warranty) and they said the tank was cracked. Later, after the tank was pulled and everything replaced/repaired ($3100) they said that during building someone had left 2 screws on top of the galley tank. The tank was then pushed up against the floor and secured. Traveling and all the movement had caused the 2 screws to wear holes through the top of the tank causing it to leak when full.

Long story and not meant to alarm you but the cause of that leak could be serious. I have read of other tank repair methods vs replacement that might work. Just keep an eye out and do some "sleuthing" to determine what you've got.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:06 PM   #5
MannyC

Grey water leak

Hi,
Thanks there is only one wast drain for my grey water. To test it I ran water from the shower bath sink I could hear it running out . I then ran the galley sink it too drained out the pipe. I normally leave the grey water pull open when I知 hooked up . Theoretically there should be no build up .
I値l know more when I pull the belly pan $3100 for a new tank wow.

More to come, Thanks again

Manny
Old 06-17-2020, 04:26 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Keep looking. Every spec I've pulled for that trailer, almost exactly like the one I had, shows 3 30 gal. tanks; 1 black and 2 grey - and, in all of my looking into these things a trailer that size will have 2 grey tanks. It may have a 60 gal. grey tank but I've not seen one...but then, I've not seen everything.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:47 PM   #7
Gary R.

Greetings and welcome to the forum!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:34 AM   #8
DetnNet

Welcome to the forum!

2016 Cougar 333MKS
2015 Silverado HD
DetnNet is offline   Reply With Quote