Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Recalls
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2022, 05:13 AM   #121
German Shepherd Guy

I replaced mine back when the recall first came out. I used pipe tape. After reading these post I believe I will redo this spring with the pipe dope. Thanks for the tips.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 08:36 AM   #122
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post
I replaced mine back when the recall first came out. I used pipe tape. After reading these post I believe I will redo this spring with the pipe dope. Thanks for the tips.
If you used the white Teflon tape it should be good. Spray with soapy water, if it ain't leaking leave it alone.
If connecting brass to brass fittings, flare fittings or compression fittings no tape nor dope is required.
Worked on an LPG pipeline with 10 to 100+ times more pressure than you could ever possibly have in your rv & the white Teflon is what was required on all fittings, never had an issue as long as tape applied correctly & suffiently tighted.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 01:53 PM   #123
Joe90

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinKenney View Post
Good info here, just replaced my failed regulator from one from Amazon. Didn't bother trying to find out about the recall. Mine just randomly wouldn't work. Furnace still doesn't work, I will have to figure that out at some point.
Same problem here, replaced recalled regulator which worked perfectly and now furnace and water heater randomly glitchy.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 05:41 PM   #124
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Same problem here, replaced recalled regulator which worked perfectly and now furnace and water heater randomly glitchy.
What regulator (brand and model number) did you install ??? Some are "quite unreliable" right out of the box.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 06:16 AM   #125
Joe90

I installed the one the Dealer sent me. Flame King Model ACR-2
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 03:49 AM   #126
Mizterusa

Jus bought a 2021 KEYSTONE PASSPORT 240BH from Camping world and they said nothing to us about this issue. Our camper immediately showed warning signs like starting the fridge on gas it sounded like a coleman gas stove!!! I swapped the regulator out immediately and a couple weeks later we got the recall from Keystone but I'm a Lil ticked that CW would jus sweep this under the carpet and send ppl on thier way!!! 😡 😡 😡 3
Mizterusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 06:01 AM   #127
NH_Bulldog

You would think it would have been on a checklist?

Well, I can assure you that my 240BH is current on all maintenance and recalls. If you want to return your camper to them, I am sure we could work out a deal to buy mine if you wanted lol.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 06:30 AM   #128
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizterusa View Post
Jus bought a 2021 KEYSTONE PASSPORT 240BH from Camping world and they said nothing to us about this issue. Our camper immediately showed warning signs like starting the fridge on gas it sounded like a coleman gas stove!!! I swapped the regulator out immediately and a couple weeks later we got the recall from Keystone but I'm a Lil ticked that CW would jus sweep this under the carpet and send ppl on thier way!!! 😡 😡 😡 3

I doubt highly that CW or any other reseller knows, or checks, for recalls on every component of every used trailer they sell - I'm sure they have/had no idea. At least Keystone found you as a secondary owner (as it sounds from your post).
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 07:28 AM   #129
Mizterusa

I replaced it immediately with a good one before we ever got the notice from Keystone. My gripe is CW selling campers under recalls!!
Mizterusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 08:55 AM   #130
mikec557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizterusa View Post
I replaced it immediately with a good one before we ever got the notice from Keystone. My gripe is CW selling campers under recalls!!
I think you have good gripe. It doesn't take but a couple minutes to run serial number /vin at the manufacturer website (or the appropriate website) to verify the RV is safe. I hate federal regulation and federal oversight, but the RV industry by its own behavior is begging for it.
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane, recall